Project Manager - Hyderabad, India
Senior Project Manager
To manage multi-discipline, geographically dispersed teams and software development projects for enterprise solutions through the full development life cycle.
To ensure projects are delivered to internal and external customers within budget, timescales and to the quality expected.
To provide programme support and coordination: retrieve and collate project data and provide assistance in the areas of project start-up, on-going management, control and reporting.
The role reports into the Senior Project Manager. The Platform Product Development group has around 200 permanent staff working on multiple simultaneous product development projects. The projects vary in size and scope from maintenance releases for existing products, to major new releases of existing products and the development and productisation of innovative new technologies. In addition, the development team may work from time to time on customer projects (some of which are customer funded). The product development team is distributed across Cambridge, Stavanger, Huntsville, Manchester and Hyderabad.
The major dimensions of the role include:
- Governance: application of the programme’s project lifecycle methodology to projects, upholding compliance with ISO certification.
- Assurance: verification and validation of product development projects.
- Management: managing projects, stakeholders and suppliers, and conducting regular reviews
- Planning: producing project plans bringing together the information on projects, resources, timescales, monitoring and control.
- Improvement: continuously assessing performance and systemically applying learning and knowledge to the programme.
- Travel to the other AVEVA locations may be required from time to time
Definition of scope of projects and priorities together with management of changes in conjunction with defined project stakeholders.
- Close collaboration with development, test, support and documentation teams, as well as the PMO and other project managers in the programme team, to ensure projects are clearly defined, prioritised and implemented in line with project delivery schedules.
- Management of resource, budget, and optimisation of allocation of resource to meet delivery objectives and priorities.
- Implementation of the project management process for a project in accordance with programme methodology
- Conducting formal project kick-off and preparing project framework documentation
- Gathering of estimates and preparation of cost budgets to monitor and control actual costs against budget.
- Setting up project control logs (e.g. risk, issue, lessons learned, key decisions, change control, quality etc.)
- Implementing the agreed document management system for projects
- Participation/facilitation in risk and planning workshops
- Participation in resource management, planning and forecasting activities
- Management of project risk, issue and decision management processes
- Assistance in the organisation and documentation of project reviews. Assurance that all changes are captured and that project logs are updated and circulated as appropriate.
- Monitoring and control of project progress – investigating and highlighting any discrepancies to programme
- Production and analysis of required project and data reports
- Participation in project management and status review meetings – including the production and distribution of minutes and ensuring that follow on actions are completed accordingly
- Provision of ad-hoc support in all aspects of the programme to the Head of Development Operations, PMO or programme team.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Proven track record as a project manager managing complex software development projects
- Experience of iterative software development methodologies in a product development environment
- Organised, proactive and self-motivated, possessing a passion for success
- A strong negotiator with excellent communication skills
- Must be logical and numerate, and enjoy problem solving
- Able to deal appropriately with people at all levels of seniority within the business
- IT office skills such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience with JIRA and AtTask
- PMP certified
- Experience in a project services or PMO role
- Working knowledge of ISO, and experience working for ISO certified employers
- Experience in the development of engineering software applications
HOW TO APPLY
Full applications, including a CV and covering letter should be emailed to [email protected]
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.