QA Manager / Software Quality Assurance Lead - Derry, Northern Ireland
Head of Development, ProCon Team, Derry/Londonderry
We’re building new software innovations in the realm of Contractual Risk Management, serving multinational corporations across the globe, spanning the industries of oil and gas, mining and infrastructure and we need more help.
As a Software Quality Assurance Lead you will provide specialist expertise to the agile teams in the areas of overall quality assurance within the development life cycle and, more specifically, the approach and coverage needed to effectively test our cloud software solutions. This role is an agile evangelist, and seeks out every opportunity to embed a shared quality mindset across all members of the team.
If you are someone who is results driven and passionate about software testing, makes good decisions quickly, takes pride in delivering quality software, untangling legacy code issues and ensuring your sprint commitments are met, we want to hear from you. In return we offer the opportunity to lead a team of testers and software quality assurance analysts working on a meaningful product, built in an Agile Scrum way using modern Microsoft and web technologies delivered on an AWS platform.
The Innovation Centre, Fort George, Derry/Londonderry
You will be expected to contribute to the success of the product development team and therein AVEVA ProCon (our software product), by taking on responsibilities that include:
Leadership of Strategy & People
- Be a champion for quality and assist the Product Owner, and the Development Teams to fully explore the impact of a feature on the rest of the solution and challenge the traditional testing thinking about what needs to be covered in tests.
- Ensure software quality policies, strategy and best practice methods are sufficiently thought out and communicated. Eliminate demotivating or inefficient and ineffective policies and procedures.
- Work with internal stakeholders (IT, DevOps, Management) to ensure the tools and test environments are designed, budgeted and rolled out.
- Take on the line-management duties of the testers and software quality assurance engineers across multiple delivery teams - team hiring, organisation and personal development.
- Not afraid to be hands on in helping team execute activities to support learning and development opportunities or mitigate bottlenecks.
- Inspire your team to achieve optimum performance by proactively identifying opportunities for improvement and execute these via continuous improvement initiatives and quality assurance communities of practice. Manage the change process, and address problems quickly as they surface.
- Strive to learn and understand new developments in test, Agile and management practices. Create and foster formal and informal groups for learning and improvement.
Execution of Quality Control Methods
- Write and document detailed test plans to support product releases.
- Ongoing management of our reusable test case regression suite.
- Develop test cases that support our test goals.
- Create test data that implements the test cases.
- Diagnosis and root cause analysis of test failures.
Support Programme Delivery
- Work with stakeholders to ensure quality processes are followed and test gate criteria are met.
- Create test reports and metrics that describe the QA state of our deliverables.
- Identify, mitigate and escalate project and product risk that could adversely impact delivery, at the earliest opportunity.
- Support project planning and work with the agile PMO team to plan and prioritise QA activities.
- Liaise with other test teams in AVEVA to plan test automation and pen test strategies and ensure these are delivered.
- Prior to each release, provide an objective assessment of the quality of the candidate release and the residual risk profile and make a recommendation on the next course of action.
Required Skills / Experience:
- A proven ability to lead and grow a team of test engineers across multiple projects and handle all matters which this encompasses - recruitment, personal development, pastoral care, organisation & motivation.
- Experience in crafting and/or maturing quality control policies and strategies and successful execution of organisational transformation.
- Experience in operational acceptance, performance and integration testing, creation of test plans and test execution reports. Experience of testing both user interfaces and APIs using tools like Postman.
- Have a solid understanding of the full Software Development Lifecycle ‘SDLC’. Skilled in modern methods of developing software using Agile principles.
Passionate about quality assurance methods with a strong motivation to continue to learn.
- Skilled in being able to understand the economic impact of the choices you and your team make such that our software is delivered in the shortest sustainable lead time with best quality.
- Possess detailed reporting skills (Coverage / RAG / Analysis / RCA) along with excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to comprehend, dissect and playback a concise summary of complex matters.
- Experienced in medium term planning (6-12 months). Ability to effectively decompose complex work packages and organise your team to focus on high priority items and mitigate against risks.
- Able to demonstrate a track record of meeting deadlines and managing costs to budget.
- Methodical problem solver and able to coach others to do the same
- A good sense of humour such that you have joy in your work which exudes to others
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Experience in testing complex enterprise scale API driven web applications
- Experience of Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- ISTQB / ISEB / SAFe certified
How to Apply:
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.