Software Developer for ERM (f/m) - Bremen, Germany
Technical Manager. Bremen
CoE Enterprise Resource Management
The job holder will work in a team of software developers and consultants responsible for development of AVEVA Planning and AVEVA Production. The team works closely with customers in order to customise the productions according to their requirments. Some of the customisations need to be refactored and generalised at a later stage to become standard features in future versions.
The primary job purpose is to program additional functions in AVEVA Planning and AVEVA Production. A key part of that work is to ensure high quality and maintainability into the future alongside an evolving Enterprise Resource Management set of products. It is the responsibility of the job holder to ensure an optimal level of technical delivery is achieved to support the overall aim of AVEVA products to be best in class.
There are no direct reports to the position but it will be important for the job holder to engage with the extended team stakeholders such as project managers, business analysts, system architects, end-user specialists and customers.
The position requires building in-depth knowledge of the existing AVEVA Planning, AVEVA Prodcution and to provide consultancy in its system architecture for others working on related products within Enterprise Resource Managements set of products; especially AVEVA Materials
The Software Developer is responsible for the specification, implementation, testing and delivery of extensions to the existing AVEVA Planning and AVEVA Production prodcuts.
The job holder will deliver timely solutions that conform to agreed internal quality and technical guidelines.
- Technical leadership and liaison with colleagues.
- Maintain close contacts to customers
- Preparation of detailed task breakdown and estimates in conjunction with the Team Lead. Participating in iterative development planning.
- Delivery of agreed work packages in line with budget, time and resource plans.
- Adherence to agreed working processes.
- Discussing scope of requirement with customer.
- Programming of additional functions.
- Ensuring delivered content matches the scope approved by customer.
- Responsible for raising day-to-day technical issues to the Team Lead.
- Conduct and participate in design and code reviews.
- Carry out hands-on development and product support and maintenance.
Important Working Relationships
The position requires the Software Developer to work closely with the Team Lead, Head of Product and ultimately the customer.
Close collaboration and cooperation with other development teams in Aalborg and across other AVEVA locations is essential.
A key attribute of the job holder is the ability to identify and obtain the appropriate internal and external expertise for establishing the requirements needed to achieve an optimum solution.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Essential skills & experience:
- Software design, development and maintenance of large and complex systems.
- The C# language and its associated programming paradigms.
- Software testing and documentation.
- Software maintenance and refactoring techniques.
- MS Visual Studio development tools and environment.
- Good command of English, both verbal and written
Desirable skills & experience:
- Project Planning
- Enterprice Resource Planning.
- Relational Databases
- Requirements Management.
- Able to take on the development and maintenance of components of large and complex software systems.
- Able and pro-active communicator with technical specialists, managers and consultants including cross-site communication.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Likes challenges and problem solving – especially at the ‘core’ component level.
- Responsible and committed team worker.
- Prepared to collaborate with other teams, projects and ultimately customers.
- Prepared to undertake occasional national and international travel.
How to Apply
Full applications, including a CV and covering letter quoting reference number ES26, should be emailed to email@example.com
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.