Manages an extensive set of Hull and Outfitting objects, such as:
- plane and curved panels
- shell stiffeners
- curved plates
- frames, waterlines, buttocks and curves
- bracket panels
- plate and profile nestings
- pipes, HVAC, structure, cableway and cables.
Assemblies and marine drawings are handled in a similar manner.
The data definition format is specified by the type of item being transferred. Some items can use more than one type of
format. Typical formats include:
- .sch (hull scheme)
- .dtl (datal)
Uses a Graphical User Interface for selection of objects and/or commands. The GUI is a .NET add-in, which is hosted by AVEVA Marine's Hull Design, Outfitting Design and Marine Drafting modules.
The GUI is included in the application framework and works together with the command interface. The two can be mixed.
- Selectively copy objects, according to properties, attributes or dates
- Intelligent copying ensures that the original design intent is transferred to the new project
- AVEVA Design Reuse exploits the Reference Model concept, allowing easy topological reference updates for hull objects
- Reference objects and data topology are retained in the copy
At the import stage, Design Reuse regenerates model data in an iterative way to retain dependencies between transferred items. The iteration halts when all model objects are complete or when no more dependencies can be resolved.