AVEVA ISOMET works as a stand-alone solution or combined with AVEVA NET Portal to provide an Information Management solution that brings together all the information needed in In-Plant Engineering and for pipe maintenance.
This solution assembles, organises and links all the information according to user needs, providing the most comprehensive digital profile of the physical plant pipework.
Piping parts are described in a hierarchical system which includes:
- Generic description
- Connection type & geometric data
- Component-level data over a range of nominal sizes
Catalogues can also contain data for supports and for cost calculations.
ISOMET's catalogue & specifications form a single, consistent data source for procurement, documentation and construction.
ISOMET's Specifications are full engineering specs which include:
- information for requisitioning and purchasing
- information for testing and inspection
- results from calculations, such as branch, rating, wall thickness, span and bolting torque tables
A piping spec is designed for planning, procurement, maintenance and inspection. A split of piping, valve and gasket specs is possible.
ISOMET creates and controls pipework deliverables, including:
- isometric drawings
- spool drawings
- weld lists, parts lists, MTO
- coordinate data and pipe lengths
ISOMET applies relevant industry piping standards, such as nuclear, marine, chemical or food, and enables user configuration to specific customer requirements.
ISOMET integrates seamlessly with all AVEVA Plant products, including:
AVEVA PDMS for extension of the digital workbench for piping isometrics
AVEVA NET Portal for piping information management.
A variety of interfaces to third-party systems are available for functions such as pipe stress analysis, subcontractor accounting, or ERP systems.
ISOMET supports a wide range of data exchange formats, including DXF, DGN, PDF and CSV.
ISOMET PREFAB is a specific instance of AVEVA ISOMET for use in piping workshops in connection with saws, and welding, bending and extrusion machines. Its uses include:
- checking and optimising construction and prefabrication
- cost estimation and accounting
- printing labels for workflow and permanent marking
- direct connection to CNC machines.
ISOMET provides extensive support for production engineering, including:
- optimisation for saws, welding and extrusion machines
- CNC data output
- cost calculations
- production planning and spool drawings
ISOMET's functions and user interface can be extensively customised.
- Functionalities can be managed with a huge set of environment variables.
- The user interface can be localised via XML files.
- Feet/inches and metric units are available throughout.