AVEVA Marine Drafting provides a range of specific shipbuilding drawing functions, including:
- Symbolic-type hull views
- Automatic section details of model parts
- Frame and longitudinal position rulers
- Centre line and base line
- Shell profile mounting angles
AVEVA Marine Drafting provides highly productive drafting features including:
- Standard 2D drafting functions
- Associative dimensioning and advanced annotation
- Model view generation, including hidden line removal and shaded images
- Access to, and viewing of, all types of model objects
- Standard details
The graphical workspace is built up from views of the 3D ship model.
The designer creates drawing views from defined positions and orientations in the model. These views remain linked to the model and can be refreshed to reflect changes to the 3D model. They contain sub-views, annotations, dimensions and text, and can overlap each other.
Symbolic or 3D drawings
Symbolic views are used for classification and hull workshop drawings, while full 3D representation can be used for ship assembly drawings.
Full 2D-3D associativity
Drawing views can be automatically updated when model changes are made. This maintains consistency between model and drawings, saves design time and eliminates common sources of errors.
AVEVA Hull Drafting provides input and output in 2D DXF and IGES formats, and exports to SVG, CGM and TIFF formats.