AVEVA NET Gateways enable a wide variety of data types to be handled by AVEVA NET and accessed using AVEVA NET Portal. Data types include:
- Leading proprietary 3D model formats, such as SmartPlant 3D, PDS 3D, AutoPlant 3D, AVEVA PDMS, AVEVA Marine and Tribon M3
- Neutral, ISO 15926-compliant 3D data formats
- 3D laser survey data from any leading scanning system.
- Leading proprietary 2D CAD data formats, including AutoCAD, MicroStation, SmartPlant P&ID, INTools, AVEVA P&ID and AVEVA Diagrams
- Neutral, ISO 15926-compliant 2D data formats
- Photographic formats, such as JPG and PNG.
- Document formats, such as Word, Excel, PDF and Powerpoint
- Documents held within Documentum® or Sharepoint.
- Proprietary business data formats, including SAP, Primavera and MS Project
- Neutral data formats like XML
- AVEVA Engineering data
- Real-time and historical instrumentation data.
AVEVA regularly develops new Gateways in consultation with our customers to meet their exact business needs.
AVEVA NET technology works with your established business processes and recognised industry standards. Using AVEVA NET Gateways you can:
- Apply your preferred naming conventions for tagging, manipulating, dividing and extracting information to send to AVEVA NET
- Automatically extract tags from intelligent source systems. Where there is no underlying intelligence (as in a text document, for example) Gateways apply sophisticated logic to create tags from specific text strings