Powerful, interactive design functions allow supports to be quickly created and modified at any time, for example:
- flip the support’s orientation
- duplicate an existing support a number of times on the same piping
- move an existing support to a new location by incremental steps
- resize an existing support
- extend a support’s length or height
- add or remove a pad at the bottom or the top of an existing support
- change the support fittings
- connect additional pipes to an existing support
A number of design rules are provided to enable the user to control:
- the type of relationship between pipes and support
- the naming conventions used
- the type and parametric definition of the pad to be used
- the parametric support design
The user can also apply design options to supports, according to a number of user-defined zones.
An extensive set of configurable support standards are included. Drawing layout and the information to be displayed are fully user-customisable.
Pipe Supports - Marine operates entirely within AVEVA Outfitting's 3D, colour-shaded, multi-discipline environment. All users have access to all of its features and functions, and all pipe support data is created, controlled and maintained within the project database.
Supports are created by selecting the first and last pipes to be supported and the steel structure to which the support should be connected.
The application automatically creates a 3D model of the required support according to the appropriate predefined rules. It also creates all of the required components in the database.
This application is optimised for the special needs of shipbuilders.
Marine-specific requirements and constraints are automatically taken into account, such as adaptation to deck sheer and camber, and offsets for support welding.
By separating pipe support design from the pipe design itself, the application enables a user to carry out pipe support design tasks without altering the previously created pipe design. This enables efficient and controlled parallel working.
A number of utilities are provided for quality and consistency checks, measuring, viewing and so on.
Fabrication and erection drawings, complete with annotation, dimensions and detailed material take-off information, are produced fully automatically for all supports in a zone. These are derived directly from the model database, ensuring consistency between design and drawing.