Senior Application Consultant
Team Lead, Schematics & Engineering
Cambridge, United Kingdom
The primary purpose of this role is to work as an integral part of the TPS Schematics & Engineering Team. The team follow and support AVEVA Schematics & Engineering products from Product Development through to Customer deployment and feedback. The AVEVA Schematics & Engineering solution is an integrated suite of software for plant and marine engineering.
The following products are part of the Schematics & Engineering solution: AVEVA Engineering™, AVEVA Electrical™, AVEVA Instrumentation™, AVEVA P&ID™, AVEVA Diagrams™, AVEVA Schematic 3D Integrator™ and AVEVA Integration Service™.
The AVEVA Application Consultants will use their industry and engineering background and experience to ensure the AVEVA Schematics & Engineering products are robust and fit-for-purpose i.e. engineering users can implement the products in real engineering environments and projects.
The role will also support the AVEVA Regional offices around the world and ensure that AVEVA can offer high quality training collateral to ease customer adoption of the products.
Reporting to the TPS Team Lead, Schematics & Engineering Application Consultants have responsibility for the day-to-day management of their own activities as well as a shared responsibility for the delivery of overall activities withinthe TPS Schematics & Engineering Team.
The role is based in the AVEVA Cambridge office with occasional to travel to Regional Offices and customer sites.
Working with and representing the AVEVA Schematics & Engineering products through the following TPS activities:
- Responsible for validating the product readiness of the AVEVA Schematics & Engineering solution via a series of engineering based validations (to be created, maintained and constantly extended) within TPS.
- Management of AVEVA Schematics & Engineering Product Support Incidents through the AVEVA Helpdesk System.
o Verification and replication of errors followed by liaison with Product Development during the fix cycle. Look to ensure the development of optimum product functionality meeting customer end-user requirements.
o Manage AVEVA Schematics & Engineering Product Support Incidents to a satisfactory conclusion while assisting AVEVA Local Support in delivering customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for contributing to the creation and maintenance of the AVEVA Schematics & Engineering product training material as well as;
- Involvement in certifying AVEVA regional resource to deliver said training material.
- Involvement with knowledge transfer activities to the AVEVA regional resource relating to the use of new products and new product functionality.
- Working with Product Development to continually improve the quality of the AVEVA Schematics & Engineering product and provide high quality AVEVA Schematics & Engineering collateral and knowledge throughout the AVEVA organisation.
- Potential involvement with the delivery of AVEVA Schematics & Engineering product support services (training, implementation, customisation, etc.) when AVEVA Divisional resource is unavailable.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to AVEVA Graduates during rotations within TPS Teams.
Important Working Relationships:
- Build and maintain relationships with the Product Development Teams in the UK, Europe and India and the Systems Test Teams.
- Work with and support Product Strategy and the Schematics & Engineering Sales & Technical Sales representatives.
- To work with members of the TPS Management Team in the ongoing development of Quality procedures and initiatives to ensure Schematics & Engineering customer satisfaction.
- To work with AVEVA Commercial/Support Teams regarding Schematics & Engineering customer issues and requirements, setting priorities and delivering solutions/resolutions.
- To work with Schematics & Engineering customers regarding current issues and future requirements in relation to new industry processes and practices.
- To work with Product Development and Product Strategy Teams regarding requirements, priorities, deliverables and content of future AVEVA Schematics & Engineering software.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree in Chemical/Process or Mechanical engineering
- Experience of specifying and delivering engineering datasheets for engineering projects (for example in oil and gas and for new facilities or the expansion of existing facilities) and including knowledge in international standards for the specification and purchase of equipment using datasheets (for example the API 610 standard for centrifugal pumps for petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries).
- Experience of AVEVA Engineering™ or similar application, including administration and implementation of the solution.
- Experience of Aspen Basic Engineering, or similar application, including administration and implementation of the solution.
- Knowledge of P&IDs and PFDs.
- Significant experience working within oil and gas projects or similar, in particular work related to the design and deliverables of an engineering project. For example, experience of delivering design data from process simulations, stress analysis, list of elements (pipes, valves, instruments, equipment and inline components), specification of materials and datasheets, PFDs and P&IDs.
- Experience and knowledge of engineering & design, engineering practices and deliverables within the Process Industries Able to develop trust and respect with technical specialists both within AVEVA and among the AVEVA user community.
Beneficial to have:
- Postgraduates studies in engineering, eg Master of Engineering or Master of Science in Engineering.
- Knowledge of engineering data models, for example ISO15926.
- Experience of AVEVA PDMS/Marine Administration including advanced configurations in Lexicon Module. This includes for example, the setup of teams, databases, user defined attributes and element types, status definitions, datasheets configuration, customisation, and flexible explorer.
- Analytical skills to map data models to AVEVA Engineering™, for example to map and create attributes, element types, distributed attributes and lists.
Other Knowledge and Skills:
- An ability to communicate product issues between customers and colleagues.
- Structured and able to create, refine and execute procedures while also having the ability to think quickly and react positively to any quickly evolving or unexpected scenarios.
- An ability to manage and handle multiple commitments simultaneously while working effectively in a dynamic team.
- An ability to document and communicate in English to a very high standard. Comfortable to deliver presentation material to a variety of audiences.
- An ability to take a proactive approach to challenges while meeting a responsibility to deliver.
- Willing to travel.
- Knowledge of programming, exposure to C# and/or Visual Basic would be an advantage.
How to Apply:
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.