An intelligent, AutoCAD-based P&ID design application
AVEVA P&ID is a P&ID drafting program that allows a user to create intelligent, project-wide data as the P&ID is designed using the familiar AutoCAD drafting system. It enables a wide range of reports to be generated. ISO 15926 outputs allow drawings and data to be loaded into the schematic model database for integration with downstream engineering and design activities.
AVEVA P&ID User Interface ~/media/Aveva/English/Products/Images/PID/AVEVA_PID_UI.ashx?w=307&h=206&bc=whiteAVEVA P&ID User Interface
Standard AutoCAD user interface and concepts
- AVEVA P&ID is available with a wide range of AutoCAD versions, including AutoCAD 2010 & 2011.
Effective stand-alone application
- Ideal for working at remote sites, or for project subcontractors
Flexible project-wide configuration
- Allows the use of many industry naming standards, such as ISA, KKS or PIP. It also allows for project configuration of attributes such as line styles, layers, colours, fonts and so on, to produce P&IDs which comply with users’ CAD standards.
- AVEVA P&ID can export the P&ID and associated data in ISO 15926 format, allowing it to be imported into the schematic model and subsequently used for P&ID/3D comparisons during detail design activities.
- A wide range of project reports can be generated in Excel format
Easy-to-use catalogue editor
- New intelligent symbols can be added rapidly, or standard AutoCAD symbols re-used by adding intelligence to them.
- 'Dumb' AutoCAD P&IDs can be easily converted into intelligent P&IDs.
- Automation functions make the P&ID draughting process fast and easy.
- Diagrams can be drawn once and re-used within the design or elsewhere.
Effective re-use of existing information
- Excel export/import capabilities allow modifications to be carried out across an entire set of P&IDs – for example, to implement a new tagging convention for a repeat design project
- Automatically create intelligent data as the P&ID is drawn
Save time and cost
- Highly effective re-use of design data on subsequent projects
- Intelligent data ensures design integrity from the outset
Easy to adopt
- The familiar AutoCAD environment makes it easy to learn
- Users become proficient quickly
For more information, download our product literature: