Senior Software Engineer - Visualisation
Enter copy here
EDM Platform, Solutions & Technology Products & Platform
To develop and support AVEVA's industry leading 3D Visualisation software applications.
Reporting directly to the Development Manager the job holder will work within a team of software engineers on the innovative design and development of AVEVA's 3D Visualisation capabilities
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing high quality software components in accordance with project requirements and overall system architecture following AVEVA’s business and technology strategy.
• Producing innovative design and implementation of components of large and complex systems for use by both AVEVA’s standalone 3D visualisation products and others such as AVEVA Workhub & Dashboard and AVEVA Everything 3D™
• Provides specialist technical expertise within the graphics domain.
• Review and approving design decisions which may be significant in their impact
• Assist with technical decision making and be consulted on for specialist knowledge
• Providing prototypes where appropriate to explore and verify design proposals
• Implementing approved designs and ensuring adherence to product quality and acceptance criteria
• Ensuring all code is fully unit tested and documented
• Collaborating with team members on detailed work breakdown and estimating within the Agile/Scrum framework.
• Timely identification and communication of technical issues and risks
• Undertaking the administration and resolution of support and maintenance issues
• Delivery of systems that exceed customer expectations and achieve the highest quality
• Reporting progress to the Development Manager/Scrum Master/Project Manager.
• Works on problems of diverse scope and able to solve problems without assistance.
• Works unsupervised to a high level of competence. May work across multiple projects
• Coach and mentor less experienced colleagues and provide informal guidance and support
• Some travel may be expected
Important Working Relationships:
• Imperative to foster and maintain good working relationships with other members of the development team, the wider Product/Platform Development group(s) and collaborative development centres in international locations
• Working closely with members of the test and user documentation groups to ensure the quality of the delivered product
• Working with wider stakeholder groups such as the Product/Platform Strategy team, the Business Units, User Experience Specialists, Research department and Training and Product Support
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
• Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or numerate subject
• At least 5 years’ experience of developing professional software applications using C++ and C# in the Windows .NET environment
• Skilled in use of Visual Studio development environment
• Knowledge and experience of object oriented design and development
• Experience of developing 3D graphical applications in OpenGL / DirectX
• Proven design documentation skills
• Logical and numerate, with complex problem solving skills
• Team worker, must show initiative and take a proactive approach
• Willing to learn and implement new technologies quickly, active to pursue continuous professional development
• Knowledge of complete software development lifecycle, preferably agile development methodology (e.g. Scrum)
• Presentation and product demonstration skills, often using core-site video/teleconferences to a wide audience of technical specialists, managers and consultants.
• Knowledge of computational geometry and programming design pattern fundamentals
• Experience in developing highly interactive realtime 3D applications
• Experience in developing Cloud based services using AWS
• Experience in developing AR and VR 3D applications
• Development on Unity platforms
• Knowledge of Windows architecture, including WPF and WCF
• Experience of task based, multi site configuration management, e.g. TFS or GIT
• User Interface and User Experience design skills
How to Apply:
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.