Cambridge, United Kingdom
To provide AVEVA Group an efficient, secure and stable infrastructure platform. Provide timely design, implementation and support services for global infrastructure projects/systems to meet business objectives.
- Design, implement, administer and support infrastructure systems across AVEVA’s world-wide offices.
- Provide “on call” 24/7 support for critical systems on a weekly rota basis.
- Provide 3rd line support services to the IT Services teams.
- Support – Provide effective 3rd line support to the AVEVA Service and Business Systems departments and where applicable to the user base.
- 24/7 Support (On Call) - Provide reactive support to critical global systems outside standard UK business hours, identifying issues and minimizing resolution time in accordance with SLA’s. Ensure proactive measures are in place to sustain service availability and protect against system failures.
- Projects – Ensure projects are completed in accordance with business requirements within the timescales and budgets specified and agreed. Projects should follow the adopted project methodology, including planning, documentation, escalation, issue/risk tracking and change control. Project time must be logged via the adopted project system. Help identify, propose and implement new technologies and develop existing ones for business benefit.
- Manage, Monitor, Document, Develop, Support and Report on the Global IT infrastructure Systems.
- Ensure that maximum uptime across Groups Infrastructure Systems is achieved.
- Maintain a high standard of security ensuring that corporate networks and systems are secure from internal and external threats including risk identification and escalation.
- Ensure that business continuity and security forms an integral part of Infrastructure Systems delivery and maintenance.
- Communiucation and Team Efficiency – Effective communication with all relevant parties and management, internal or external, on relevant IT issues or projects. Engage with the Infrastructure and wider IT teams to support delivery of goals and objectives. Continue to review current working practices making recommendations for improvement.
- Policies & Procedures follow, review and recommend improvements to group and company procedures.
- Training – Provide user base and IT departmental training where applicable. Provide skills transfer to others within the Infrastructure Team.
Important Working Relationships:
- Form, build and maintain collaborative working relationships with all IT team members to understand their requirements and to ensure that a high level of service is provided always.
- Form, build and maintain relationships with internal Project Managers/Stakeholders to gather requirements and specifications for providing solutions to problems, projects and to support them.
- Maintain relationships with external partners and suppliers to obtain competitive pricing, services and support on the relevant technologies.
- In this experienced role, act as mentor and coach to wider IT team members, promoting best practices and approved procedures to best support the business.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
The individual can demonstrate:
- drive and motivation to make and embrace significant infrastructure/technological changes
- achievement of significant infrastructure changes with engagement and training of end users
- an ability to communicate and present at all levels, including senior management.
- be trusted to work with high security privileges and the responsibilities that entail.
- a willingness to be flexible and travel abroad when required.
Have a proven track record in delivering IT Projects:
- Able to turn user/business requirements into a list of technical specifications that deliver benefit.
- Ensure and/or assist in the implementation so that it is done on time, within budget and to a satisfactory quality.
- Ensure that process documentation and hand-over exercises are done so that the solution can be operationally supported by the IT teams.
- Able to also provide feedback on operational handover requirements to ensure that operational excellence of the implemented solution can be maintained and refined.
Primary Technical Skills:
Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and advanced troubleshooting skills across the following technologies (listed in priority):
Virtualisation, Storage and Backup: Standard/blade/hyper-converged server hardware, VMware vSphere/Hyper-V, software defined datacentre technologies and fundamentals.
Server Technologies: Window Server Platforms 2008-2016, Active Directory Infrastructure.
Cloud based technologies: Foundational understanding of Cloud based deployments and architecture (Azure or AWS etc.), IaaS primarily (Understanding PaaS and other specific offerings would beneficial).
Networking: LAN/WAN/SAN, TCP/IP, Cisco Routing and Switching.
Office365: Deployment and Administration knowledge would be beneficial
BGP, OSPF, QoS, Cisco Meraki Wireless, WAN Acceleration/SD-WAN.
Nimble, Cisco UCS, Nexus, iSCSI, Veeam.
Firewalls (Checkpoint), VPN’s, Endpoint Protection (Antivirus), RADIUS, Multi-Factor, ADFS/SSO Authentication, Rights Management, Cloud Security, Security Best Practices: Incident Response, RCA.
Exchange Online/Skype for Business (Online/On-Premise), Dynamics365.
PowerShell/Scripting and IT automation.
How to Apply:
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.