Senior Test Engineer, Automation - Hyderabad, India
S & T Test Team
To be a member of the S & T test automation team which is based in Hyderabad. The test team member will be reporting to the local test manager.
The test team will be jointly responsible for ensuring the high quality of AVEVA software deliveries to customers.
The successful candidate will work on the development and maintenance of the .NET automation framework for various AVEVA S&T software products, using technologies such as .NET framework with Selenium, C# .NET, ASP. NET Web API, JQuery, HTML 5, CSS3, MVC 4 and SQL Server in an agile (Scrum/Kanban) development environment. The candidate will be involved in extensive scripting with C# in Selenium using .NET Framework for various products.
The automation team will proactively identify improvements and enhancements to the existing framework where necessary. The automation test team will work with the product development teams to ensure the smooth transition from development to release delivery within continuous integration and continuous deployment processes.
- Will work in building and maintaining the test automation framework, for use by different AVEVA products.
- Assist test management in rolling out automation framework and scripting activities to manual testers in different products.
- Performs and monitors daily tests, providing regular status reports as required.
- Should work constantly to improve automation framework and resolve any automation issues encountered by testers.
- Take lead in scripting of automation tests using C# with Selenium.
IMPORTANT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Work collaboratively with the automation test team to build a robust framework and assist teams in rapid automation.
- Work closely with other members of the test, development and scrum teams.
- Work effectively with test, development and project managers.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Extensive (4 to 8 years) software development experience using C# with .NET framework in a number of different projects.
- Microsoft C# development
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4+
- Microsoft WCF, OData (WCF Data services), Web Services, WebAPI
- Microsoft Entity Framework
- Knowledge on cascading stylesheets with hands-on experience of creating and using styles using HTML 5 and CSS 3
- Experience of working with tools such as JIRA and GIT will be an added advantage.
- Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks like MS Test, NUnit, jasmine
- Object Oriented design and development
- XML, XSLT, XSD
- Candidate should be aware of and use best coding practices.
- Experience of Agile, or structured development methodologies.
- Functional and/or Systems Analysis
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree qualification in engineering or computer science from reputed institute.
- Should possess basic knowledge in manual testing, with knowledge on test process.
- Ability to work with multiple concurrent projects and adapt to project changes.
- Demonstrable experience of testing a complex software product where product domain knowledge is an important consideration.
- A good knowledge of the development lifecycle and the role of testing within it.
- Excellent English with good communication skills both verbal and written in a concise and accurate manner.
Additional desired knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience in Selenium with C# will be of added advantage.
- Knowledge of testing process and the requirements of a test automation framework will be of added advantage.
PERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Effective communication skills
- Efficiency and effectiveness
- Analytical and logical thinking
- Sense of intellectual curiosity and creativity
- Critical thought and rational enquiry
- Ability to apply basic and fundamental knowledge
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Planning and time management skills
HOW TO APPLY
Full applications, including a CV and covering letter should be emailed to [email protected]
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.