Software Engineer - Engineering & Schematics
Team Lead – Engineerig & Schematics Team
Product Development – Solutions & Technology (S&T)
To develop and support AVEVA's industry leading software applications.
To work within a team of software developers and engineers on solutions associated with the AVEVA products. Working closely within the overall development organisation, the Schematics team is responsible for the delivery of a number of products and components related to integrated Schematics and Engineering in AVEVA products.
It is the responsibility of the Software Engineer to assist with the design, development and maintenance of the software always striving to support the overall aim of AVEVA products to be best in class.
The Software Engineer is responsible for the creation and maintenance of software components required for the AVEVA product range.
Key Responsibilities include to:
- Create designs for new features and ensure approval by appropriate review authorities
- Develop and deliver features to agreed requirements such that testers can verify functionality
- Adhere to all necessary quality and acceptance criteria
- Provide prototypes as proof of concept for demonstration where appropriate
- Support developments with suitable tests including unit, system and regression tests
- Provide detailed task breakdowns and estimates upon request
- Raise technical issues to the Team Lead and Scrum team colleagues as appropriate
- Deliver in line with budget, time and resource constraints
- Adhere to agreed working processes
- Ensure all code is fully reviewed; initiate, participate and comment in review sessions
- Respond in a timely manner to customer-encountered problems
Important Working Relationships:
AVEVA has invested heavily in Agile Scrum processes and the Software Engineer will be a member of one or more Scrum teams. They will be expected to work closely with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, developers, testers, technical authors and other specialists in their Scrum teams as well as the wider Product Development group across multiple locations.
Operating under AVEVA agreed development processes, the Software Engineer will cooperate with Development Management and the Programme Management team to support efficient project management, planning, scheduling and reporting.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
The position requires a proven background within software development, backed up with an education and work experience profile that includes operating in a commercial environment where products have to be delivered to a balance of scope, budget and schedule.
It is necessary to be experienced in software design, development and support with good programming skills using languages especially C#.Net.
The ability to communicate well is essential, both written and verbally. The position will require communication to a wide audience of technical specialists, managers and engineers, often using cross-site video/telephone conferences, interacting with colleagues from different nationalities and cultures.
Essential skills include:
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Proven development experience using languages especially C#.Net and WPF
- Proven analysis, design and software architecture experience
- Visual Studio / .Net tools
- Knowledge of Windows architecture
- Object oriented programming
- Working with source code control tools such as Clearcase or TFS
- Proven design documentation skills
- Logical and numerate, with complex problem solving skills
- Team worker with proactive approach
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to give and receive advice
Beneficial skills include:
- Experience working under methodologies such as Agile Scrum
- Application of User Experience design principles
- Knowledge of programming Design Pattern fundamentals
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Collaboration with outsourced and/or external development partners
- Knowledge of database driven solutions
- Knowledge of XML based technologies
How to Apply:
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.