Application Consultant - Graduate
We have a vacancy for an Application Consultant (Graduate Hire) with AVEVA Inc. located in our Houston office. The Application Consultant acts in a technical role for engineering and design solutions and in solving client problems using AVEVA Solutions. Please find the job description for the role below.
Engineering & Design Services
The Application Consultant (Graduate Hire) is responsible for working as part of the team delivering and supporting AVEVA’s Engineering and Design portfolio to meet customer requirements. The role has responsibility for product technical support and product implementation, training and excellent customer services, problem resolution and product solution presentations. The role is further defined by ensuring the correct utilization of one or more applications, in particular by the follow-up and management of incidents and problem analysis, liaising with development and support teams to propose the technical solution.
This role is part of a technical consultancy team that will work very closely with the support, and the product development organizations. The position requires the ability to work with the client to deliver clearly identifiable and repeatable business value and ultimately drives sustainable growth for AVEVA. It is an expectation that travel to clients, partners, prospects, and AVEVA offices (including overseas and sometimes at short notice) will be a normal requirement of successfully executing this role.
- Provide specialist technical support as required to customers in North America, which includes implementation, customization, assist customers' projects execution and give user and advanced training.
- Engaging with customers to understand specific business case requirements and devise appropriate solutions within AVEVA’s Integrated Engineering and Design product suite.
- Deliver excellent, professional and knowledgeable services, both internally and to customers.
- Communicate the value proposition of our solutions to targeted customers, prospects, workshops, industry events and seminars. Planning, creating, developing, and delivering business case presentations and demonstrations including proof of concepts.
- Resolution of incidents with problem analysis, liaising with development and support teams to propose the technical solution.
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and industry/professional organizations
Important Working Relationships:
It is a pre-requisite to be able to function effectively as a member of a dynamic team within a matrix organisation. Excellent communication skills will be required to develop good working relationships in the following areas:
Technical: Work within a dynamic team and show flexibility in the use and development of personal and technical skills to maximize the team’s efficiency
Customers: Build positive mutually beneficial relationships with clients at all levels and in all areas of their organization
Support: Work with the Engineering & Design Services Team to ensure AVEVA Solutions proposals meet opportunity requirements. Develop trust and respect with technical specialists, both within AVEVA and among the user community.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Recent engineering graduate with Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical degree;
- 1 to 3 years of experience with an Owner Operator, EPC, or IT solutions provider preferred, but not necessary;
- Self-starter, able to work on your own initiative;
- Pro-active approach to challenges with good problem-solving skills;
- Familiarity with plant design, plant operations and maintenance, or construction highly desired;
- An ability to communicate product issues between customers and colleagues;
- An ability to manage and handle multiple commitments simultaneously while working effectively in a dynamic team;
- Goal-oriented and able to operate in a cross-functional team environment;
- Knowledge of programming, exposure to SQL, C# would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of one or more AVEVA engineering products beneficial , but not essential;
- Capable of presenting complex technical concepts in a clear manner to customers through presentations, demonstrations, and proposals;
- An ability to take a proactive approach to challenges while meeting a responsibility to deliver
- Willing to travel within the NA region and potentially more widely to perform consultancy tasks as demanded by the business.
How to Apply:
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.