Application Consultant - Yokohama
Team Lead or Technical Manager
GS Technical Consulting and Support
The Application Consultant is a key role in contributing to the growth of business within the region, providing the essential post sales product support, training, consultancy, and implementation for AVEVA applications.
The job holder is accountable for delivery of professional services to customers, either internally or externally, and may be required to travel at short notice to an AVEVA office, or customer location, anywhere in the region or around the world.
- Provides routine first line product support as required to customers in the region, under guidance from more senior members of the team
- Promptly address and resolve customer complaints or technical issues, with guidance and escalation if necessary
- Provides specialist product training in accordance with AVEVA’s global training procedures both in AVEVA training centres and at customer locations
- Contributes to the delivery of deployment and configuration services to AVEVA’s customers
- Works with members of the technical team and technical managers to help develop scopes of work and proposals for consulting and customisation services
- Develops technical skills within the primary domain and into other AVEVA product areas to assist in the growth of the technical team in the region
- Provides industry specific consultancy, based upon related experiences to aid other members of the team to achieve successful product positioning.
Important Working Relationships:
- Sales: Work with the sales team in identifying opportunities, providing technical support at all levels of customer engagement and responding to product support issues.
- Technical: Work within a dynamic team and show flexibility in the use and development of personal and technical skills to maximize the team’s efficiency. In particular, develop a close and effective working relationship with the central support office
- Customers: Develop good working relationships with clients and always provide the highest level of customer service and professionalism
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
The individual will have:
- Strong customer service skills
- An aptitude for delivering training and/or some experience in delivering customer focused technical training
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Proven 2 years or more experience of AVEVA products or similar technologies
- Proven 2 years or more knowledge of the plant engineering, design, procurement and construction business either from an owner-operator or an engineering contractor background.
- Good problem-solving skills
- The ability to manage and handle multiple commitments simultaneously
- Willingness to travel extensively within the region and abroad to perform consultancy tasks
In addition the following will be beneficial:
- Knowledge and understanding of plant engineering and design processes.
- Proven experience of AVEVA products or similar technologies.
- Basic English would be an advantage.
- Knowledge in programming. Exposure to PML and/or C# would be an advantage.
How to Apply:
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.