Payroll Specialist - EMEA
Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
You will be working in a team of three, initially responsible for the implementation of up to ten EMEA Payrolls through to July 2019, and subsequently assisting with the onboarding of a further twenty EMEA payrolls through to July 2020.
You will gather requirements and gain a full understanding of payroll data sources, pay and deduction elements, and GL and reporting requirements for each country, as well as documenting all processes as you go.
As we move through the implementation stage you will also pick up payroll processing for some of these payrolls. You will ensure that payroll is processed on time and accurately, that the payroll provider is completing all reporting requirements, and that statutory and other third-party payments are being paid over on time.
The EMEA payroll team will be processing payroll for around 1,300 employees across 25 countries within the next 18 months, with implementations for Italy (70 employees) and UK (130 employees) coming up very soon.
Liaison with payroll providers, revenue authorities (eg HMRC) and other third parties as necessary. Coordinate with internal HR and Finance Departments. Keep up to date and adapt with the changing requirements of the Company and relevant external bodies.
- Working with key stakeholders to onboard EMEA payrolls onto our global payroll system.
- Creating and updating detailed standard operating procedures.
- Timely and accurate input of required information from the HRIS system and email instructions.
- Ensuring completion of appropriate statutory returns and other statutory reporting information.
- Dealing with all payroll related queries directly and confidently.
- Maintaining information in accordance with legal and company requirements of retention and confidentiality.
- Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of company and legislative requirements in area of responsibility and advising colleagues on the impact of any changes or improvements put forward or required
Important Working Relationships:
- External providers and administrators
- Internal associated Departments – HR, Finance, Tax, Reward and Global Mobility
- Managers and staff as necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Essential that applicants have previous experience in implementing European Payroll in a shared services environment.
- Excellent systems skills and very quick to pick up new processes.
- Ability to recognise and suggest areas for improvement.
- Proven experience of European payroll administration
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of UK tax and payroll related legislation.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to manage deadlines.
- Experience and understanding of tax/payroll requirements for pension and benefit plans.
How to Apply:
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such