Senior Data Engineer
Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
Reports to: R&D Director
Region & Sales Area: Sydney, Australia, or California, USA
The Monitoring & Control AI team are responsible for delivering AI solutions to existing HMI-SCADA products. The Senior Data engineer is a member of that team who works with Data Scientists to build software and infrastructure required for development of AI solutions.
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for the acquisition, transformation, and distribution of data required for analytics and modeling. Activities include crafting de-identification and anonymisation pipelines, codifying data transformation rules and defining automated testing and deployment patterns.
The Senior Data Engineer also provides infrastructure support required for AI products to operate. They stay one step ahead of Data Scientists, providing tools and infrastructure they can use to manage data and build models.
The Senior Data Engineer provides technical guidance to other software development teams relating to technical practices and patterns, and the candidate should possess expert knowledge in the technologies and processes relating to data processing and analytics, this includes in-depth understanding of data and analytics software engineering tools and techniques.
- Build scalable, highly performant infrastructure for delivering clear business insights from a variety of raw data sources.
- Develop batch & real-time analytical solutions, prototypes, and proofs of concept for selected solutions.
- Implement complex analytical projects with a focus on collecting, managing, analysing, and visualising data.
- Build frameworks and tools to empower our data scientists and analysts.
- Be in constant communication with team members and other relevant parties and convey results efficiently and clearly.
- Support and mentor other developers who want to become data engineers
Important Working Relationships:
- Data Scientists
- Software development teams
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with data modelling skills
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure services including S3, Lambda, RDS, Data-pipeline, Data Factory and other Cloud Big Data technologies.
- Proficient with Python and/or R, C/C++.
- Proficient in the composition of Advanced SQL (analytical functions) and query performance tuning skills.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit, ML.Net, Caffe2.
- Proven track record of identifying metric variances and delivering solutions to address the changes.
- Ability to interact, communicate, present and influence with both business and technical teams.
- Data driven, problem solving skills, lean product development, project mgmt., SDLC methodologies- Agile(Scrum) and Waterfall
- Analytic-minded self-starter with an eye for detail and resourcefulness to create new innovative data solutions, services and reusable components.
How to Apply:
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.