Senior Data Scientist
Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
Reports to: Director, R&D
Region & Sales Area: Sydney, Australia or California, USA
The Monitoring and Control AI team deliver AI capabilities to existing HMI-SCADA products. The Senior Data Scientist is a key member of this team and will use their excellent data science and leadership skills, as well as a passion for practical data science solutions to own the delivery and future of AI within the business unit.
This role will be an authority within the Monitoring and Control group, consulted with within the organisation for their knowledge of data science. Bringing in experience from academia and a good pragmatic knowledge of what industry practice is, this role will guide several projects in the development of AI solutions.
- Design and develop new AI solutions
- Ideating new potential AI opportunities
- Reviewing AI project proposals for feasibility and recommending alternate approaches to deliver the project
- Providing ongoing support to AI projects ensuring the approaches will deliver business results in a feasible manner
- Conduct research to identify new ways to solve difficult modelling problems
- Champion data science within the business unit to help build the capability
- Continue to develop expertise in data science by maintaining links to current research and industry practices.
Important Working Relationships:
- Data scientists in other business units – work with them to leverage ideas and technology, and build a community of data science
- Data engineers – the role will work closely with them to ensure that algorithms and models can be implemented in a scalable manner
- Software development teams who will deliver AI projects under this role’s guidance
- Product managers and program managers who will work with this role to ideate new solutions and assess product ideas
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Tertiary Qualification/Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline - mathematics, statistics, operation research (additional qualifications will be highly regarded)
- Must have R or Python, and SQL programming skills
- Experienced in performing research and has implemented new ideas based on journal articles
- 5 years working in a commercial organisation delivering AI solutions
- Experience working with large parallel volumes of time series data desirable
- Digital signal processing background especially in image or audio processing desirable
- Strong problem-solving, organizing and coordinating skills
- Strong communication skills (verbally and written) is essential
- Capable of multitasking and manages time well
- Ability to interact proactively with internal and external customers
- An inquisitive mind, passionate about deriving insights from data
How to Apply:
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.