Senior Front End Developer
Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
Reporting directly to the Development Manager, you are taking on the challenge of design, development, implementation, and maintenance of a modern web application. This role is about 80% “hands on” coding and 20% design, architecture, coordination. You should be a strong developer who can help translate business requirements and opportunities into tangible technical implementations.
You will ensure that the implementation of a solution adheres to architecture and business visions and that our solutions facilitate ongoing changes to business rules, workflows, and 3rd party integrations. Our solutions must be highly available and secure.
We respond quickly to rapidly changing market conditions, so our teams are built on agile principles, focused on continuous delivery of working software.
Your contribution will have a direct impact on the success of the business!
- Participate in all activities of the complete SDLC process, including formal written documentation and interaction with customers
- Create, design, develop, and document software based on technical requirements
- Work with a team of developers to ensure each deliverable meets quality and timeline goals
- Must take ownership of development tasks (typically collaborating with others) and ensuring that implementation generally adheres to the architecture, best practices, and organization coding standards
- Participate in code reviews, code analysis, and identification of software risks
- Create detailed written technical documentation based on functional requirements and as part of the SDLC
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have 7+ years of hands-on experience developing business applications.
- 2+ years’ experience building and delivering on a React.js development stack.
- Proven ability to apply test-driven tools/design to efficiently deliver high-quality software.
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux).
- Familiarity working with with RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
How to Apply:
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.