IT Operations Engineer
Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
The Global Customer Support (GCS) team supports the Customer FIRST program, which offers a rich portfolio of essential software maintenance, award-winning technical support and services to help customers protect and extend the value of their investment and keep their operations running smoothly.
The TAM (Solution Support) role represents a senior level technical competency in the fields of product technical support, solution engineering and programming development. Solution Support encompasses both product and custom developed aspects of a Wonderware-based solution. As such, the STAM is responsible for triaging, reproducing, and fixing complex application issues related to product, product configurations, and its Solutions including the custom code that was developed either internally or from 3d part partner. The STAM will engage the Practice Development Team leading up to transitioning the Solution delivered to the Global Customer Support (GCS) organization. This engagement provides the Solution Support TAM with the opportunity to gather and retain code and programming expertise on the delivered solution.
STAM (Solution Support) employ a combination of solution, systems, network communications and application-specific software skills to:
- Help customers maintain the reliability and performance of their systems, and address any potential technical problem escalated from the level 2 engineers.
- Assist Application Engineers (L2) with site-specific difficulties during new site commissioning as well as system upgrades and expansions.
- Work closely with our global team force to manage customer solution issues escalated to keep their satisfaction.
- Research, identify, develop and recommend corrective measures to address technical and application issues identified in the field or in-house.
- Participate in power monitoring system development projects by contributing knowledge of customer applications, providing user information requirements, executing test scenarios and typical use-cases, and participating in product development and testing, unit-tests.
- Resolve technical problems from internal escalation about application engineers, and engineering teams.
- Identify and qualify product and solution failures and assist on the engineering in understanding and resolving them.
- Case tracking by entering cases either in our and Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Research and documentation of technical problems and solutions using our Knowledge Base.
- Design, plan, research, evaluate and test complex systems used to monitor and/or control electrical equipment and systems.
The primary customers are those large Premium and Elite +TAM subscribers which use Wonderware Brand products. In addition, the TAM will engage with Endorsed Systems Integrators, Distributors and Sales including the Client Executives, Solution Architects and Solution Consultants.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- OOPS Programming experience (5 years minimum).
- SQL Database querying and programming experience.
- VB.Net, C#, HTML5 coding experience.
- Entity Framework, Angular JS, HTML5.
- Experience in software, hardware, networking, database and/or system troubleshooting, diagnosis and problem solving.
- Computer knowledge, particularly relating to server, network and operating system installation and configuration.
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, self-motivated and customer-focused.
- People-person and team player, enjoying the cross-functional interaction required for this position.
- Quick learner with an inquiring mind.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with people with a wide range of technical backgrounds, including consultants, senior professional engineers, energy managers, electricians, IT engineers and personnel, account managers, sales personnel.
- Ability to occasionally travel to various customer sites in the region and worldwide.
- Engineering degree in Electrical, Power Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent
- Manufacturing Execution System experience.
- Understanding of SCADA and HMI standard.
- On-site or remote advanced technical support experience.
- Knowledge of Wonderware products.
- Understanding of control systems and PLC.
- Controls or transformer protection experience.
- Experience with CRM systems.
- Bilingual: English and French/Italian/German/Dutch an asset.
How to Apply:
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.