Technical Sales Consultant
Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
About the role:
This is a pre-sales job, with responsibility for supporting sales opportunities with new prospects and existing customers. While primarily working with the sales team, the job also involves close interaction with regional sales and marketing management and the Business Unit team consisting of product management, product marketing, product development, and delivery. The position reports to the Technical Sales Consulting Manager for EURSA Region.
- Provide the Pre-Sales services required by the Sales Team pursuing opportunities through the opportunity lifecycle stages
- Be Subject Matter Expert of the AVEVA APM Product Portfolio
- Be a Subject Matter Expert in the industries and processes of our prospects and customers (Mainly Power Generation, Power Transmission and Distribution, Chemical, Oil and Gas, Food and Beverage)
- Plan and execute opportunity assessments, site visits, and interviews of potential users of the solution
- Be technical and application content author and/or editor for RFI and RFP responses
- Demonstrate solution capabilities, functions, features, in context of customer needs
- Collaborate with delivery on sizing and estimation based on our solutioning process
- Support infrastructure specification (hardware, system software, 3rd party components)
- Convey benefits analysis, value propositions, business cases, solution mapping
- Work with Partners as necessary, including consultants, system integrators, 3rd party hardware and software vendors
- Maintain opportunity information regarding pre-sales in sales force automation tool
Skills and qualifications:
You’ll bring experience in Asset Intensive Industries. A deeper knowledge in a specific vertical is obviously a welcome bonus as you will be working across industry verticals. You will have experience of EAM systems, have a knowledge of various asset management methodologies such as: (RBM, TPM and/or other) condition monitoring technologies, Work and Asset Management Operating Model Design, Maintenance techniques (e.g. planned, condition, predictive, risk based etc. and Continuous Improvement techniques). In addition, you’ll have the following specific experience and personal attributes:
- Chemical or Electrical Engineering degree
- 5+ years successfully selling complex software solutions to large O&G, Chemical and Power companies
- You will have experience of one of the leading EAM packages – Asset Suite, SAP PM, Maximo, Infor, Ellipse etc.
- You will have experience with mobility solutions
- An understanding of standard Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement techniques
- You will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, providing direction and helping others to develop
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to listen to understand the client situation and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently on potentially complex issues
- Ability to work within an integrated team environment in a fast paced, pressurized client environment
- You’ll have a track record of successful delivery within large scale projects or Projects working alongside other parties
- You will have a technical background with an up to date awareness of available industrial technologies
- Basic programming knowledge (or SQL knowledge) is a bonus
- You will be familiar with office packages and fluent in preparing and delivering documents in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- You will be familiar in working in virtual machines
- You will have multiple language skills (English as a minimum, any other languages are a bonus) Most communication will be in English
- You will be flexible to travel frequently (average is 2-3 days per week)
How to Apply:
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.