Since its founding in 2019, Salute has grown to roughly one hundred members, with representatives all across AVEVA, and strong support from its employee community of active, reserve, and retired armed forces, and first responders.
“As a MoM (Mom of Marine), I know firsthand the importance of having a community to share common experiences, thoughts, and feelings of being in this together. Military families deal with unique circumstances, and with the extra support from the second place we spend most of our time, it’s bound to be a successful journey to build strong communities and positive environments!”
–Founder, Leticia Garcia
We launched [email protected] to create a network of support for veterans and active, reserve, and retired military service members, first responders, as well as fire, police, and medical professionals. Together we can shine a light on issues that so many veterans face, and we can pay tribute to individuals in the armed forces, employees who act as first responders across the globe, and their families. This includes military veterans, active duty members, as well as fire, police, and medical professionals.
- Educate the internal AVEVA community about veteran, military service member, and first responder support.
- Build partnerships with local veteran organizations through volunteerism and outreach.
- Provide support and community to military families.
So far, [email protected] has:
- Raised over $5,000 for various organizations that benefit veterans and military members.
- Connected and organized with regional veteran and military organizations to build local partnerships for future events.
- Hosted a brunch meet-up with veterans, which offered veterans the opportunity to talk about their positive experiences in the military and provided an open forum for employees.
- Hosted a brunch chat with military family members to share the positive experiences they had while supporting their family members in the armed forces.
- Partnered with local veteran organizations to provide needed in-kind gifts, such as toiletries and clothing.
- Participated in working sessions with talent acquisition and the diversity equity and inclusion leadership to engage Employee Resource Groups in recruiting women, historically under-represented talent, and talent from marginalized groups.
- Planned in-person, community-building events like battalion buddy building and building care kits!