The Academic Competition
This annual competition aims to introduce students to the new paradigm in process engineering, AVEVA™ Process Simulation. This solution delivers the process Digital Twin through a seamless design. With a modern software architecture and open model writing, AVEVA Process Simulation can switch between steady state, rating, and dynamic modes.
AVEVA’s competition plays a significant role in achieving sustainable and inclusive growth and development for the future engineers.
AVEVA Process Simulation promotes sustainability through the minimization of operating cost.
- Reduce OpEx costs by optimized designs that reduce process utility costs
- Reduce CapEx costs by optimizing equipment size
- Reduce Capex through reduced equipment design margins and lower relief system costs through dynamic simulation.
From North America 46 teams and 32 individual students from 20 universities entered the 2021 AVEVA Academic Competition.
From Europe 53 teams and 59 individual students from 33 universities across Europe participated in the 2021 AVEVA Academic Competition.
What you will be doing
This student competition will utilize the Process and Dynamic modes of the simulator in different parts of the problem. The problem will be a progression from a steady state process design to a pressure-driven dynamic simulation with some optimization, analysis, and control.
What we are offering
- 1st prize – Winner for Best Overall receives $3,000 or opportunity to take internship with AVEVA
- 2nd prize – Winner for Best Steady State Simulation receives $1,000
- 3rd prize – Winner for Best Economics Optimization receives $1,000
- 4th prize – Winner for Best Dynamics receives $1,000
Learn more now by reading the terms and conditions.