Ansaldo Energia in Genoa, Italy is a leading manufacturer of more than 100 power plants, equipment such as coal and gas turbines, and monitoring to customers in 35 countries. Ansaldo Energia adopted the PI System to monitor equipment 24/7 at Integrated Plant Support (IPS) centers in Italy and Florida. Faced with thousands of data sources, equipment from a variety of manufacturers, and many legacy systems, Ansaldo used a centralized, global approach to real-time data monitoring to accelerate decisions.
“The result of this is one unique platform for several different technologies for 300 machines condensed into just 18 templates with low and easy maintenance.”
Sandro Gollini, Diagnostic Systems Technical Leader, Ansaldo Energia
- Implement a centralized approach to real-time data monitoring to accelerate support decisions.
- Create digital twins and custom widgets.
- Remote monitoring of hundreds of power plant assets with thousands of data sources.
- Equipment from different manufacturers, and legacy systems.
- AVEVA’s PI System
- IPS centers have a view into all equipment around the world.
- Transformed a complex system of data sources into a centralized platform.