Mitsui E&S Shipbuilding (Mitsui) is a world-leading, multidiscipline engineering company, headquartered in Tokyo. Mitsui implemented AVEVA’s comprehensive marine solutions over two years. Today, these tools form the backbone of Mitsui’s complete shipbuilding process.
“We keep investing in high-end software and, accordingly, we can make good use of the continuous software updates that AVEVA offers, along with additional features and functions. This continuous improvement allows us to build our competitiveness in the market, by providing high productivity and best-in-class in shipbuilding services, while differentiating us from other companies.”
– Mr. Koji Fujiwara, Systems Group Manager, Naval Ship Dept., Mitsui
- To reduce time and costs of innovative marine design.
- To integrate drawing/modelling and conversion from scanned data to 3D data.
- Improve the quality of outcomes.
- Enhance job satisfaction for the design team.
- Scanned data could not easily become 3D data.
- Less efficient processes did not allow the team to service as many customers as they wanted to.
- 30% reduction in design lead time.
- Duplication has been minimized.
- Integrated design approach has streamlined project delivery and reduced timescales.