Senior Software Engineer - Hyderbad, India
S&T Product Development
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The position requires a comprehensive background within software development, backed up with an education and work experience profile that includes operating in a commercial environment where products have to be delivered to scope, budget and schedule.
It is necessary to be experienced in software design, development and support with excellent programming skills using languages such as C#, C++ or .NET.
Proven experience on large complex software systems, with the ability to understand the overall architectural design of the system. It is important to be able to identify how development of new components impacts both the existing architecture along with functionality, especially in terms of performance.
The ability to communicate well is essential, both written and verbally. The position may require communication to a wide audience of technical specialists, managers and consultants, often using cross-site video/telephone conferences.
Some travel may be expected but is likely to be infrequent and short in duration.
Essential skills include:
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or Maths/Physics related
- Minimum 5 to 9 years of work experience in IT industry
- Considerable development experience using languages including C# and C++
- Considerable analysis, design and software architecture experience
- Strong in Designing skills like Design Pattern
- Visual Studio / .Net tools
- Knowledge of Windows architecture
- Object-oriented programming
- Working with configuration management tools such as TFS or Clearcase
- Proven design documentation skills
- Logical and numerate, with complex problem-solving skills
- Team worker with proactive approach
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working under methodologies such as Agile
- Knowledge and experience of working with services and service-oriented architectures
- User interface design
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Collaboration with outsourced and/or external development partners
- XML-based technologies
- Software installation development using WIX or similar technologies
Beneficial Skills to particular teams include:
- Database driven solutions ie: SQL Server, Oracle or AVEVA’s Dabacon
- Knowledge and experience of working with services and service oriented architectures using WCF
- Any development experience with CAD systems ie: AutoCAD or Visio
- Third-party components, such as: DevExpress Xtra reports suite, Infragistics winforms controls or Farpoint Excel integration component etc
HOW TO APPLY
Full applications, including a CV and covering letter quoting reference number VN525, should be emailed to [email protected]
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.