Senior Application Consultant
Team Lead, Schematics & Engineering
Work as an integral part of the TPS Schematics & Engineering Team. The team follow and support AVEVA Schematics & Engineering (and other associated products) from Product Development through to Customer deployment and feedback. The AVEVA Schematics & Engineering solution is an integrated suite of software for plant and marine engineering.
The following products are part of the Schematics & Engineering solution: AVEVA Engineering™, AVEVA Electrical™, AVEVA Instrumentation™, AVEVA P&ID™, AVEVA Diagrams™ and AVEVA Schematic 3D Integrator™.
The AVEVA Application Consultants should use their industry and engineering background and experience to ensure that the AVEVA Schematics & Engineering products (and other associated products) are robust and fit-for-purpose. They should also ensure AVEVA can offer high quality training collateral to ease customer adoption of the products.
Reporting to the TPS Team Lead, Schematics & Engineering Application Consultants have responsibility for the day-to-day management of their own activities as well as a shared responsibility for the overall activities of the TPS Schematics & Engineering Team.
Link between TPS and the AVEVA Product Development Teams (Cambridge UK and Hyderabad India).
Link between TPS, Product Strategy and the Schematics & Engineering Sales & Technical representatives of all AVEVA Sales Areas. Very important to develop trust and respect with technical specialists both within AVEVA and among the AVEVA user community.
Link between TPS and Product Development Schematics & Engineering Test Teams.
Working with and representing the AVEVA Schematics & Engineering products through the following TPS Activities;
- Responsible for validating the product readiness of AVEVA Schematics & Engineering (and other associated products) via a series of engineering based validations (to be created, maintained and constantly extended) within TPS.
- Management of AVEVA Schematics & Engineering (and other associated) Product Support Incidents through the AVEVA Helpdesk System.
- Verification and replication of errors followed by liaison with Product Development during the fix cycle. Look to ensure the development of optimum product functionality meeting customer end-user requirements.
- Manage AVEVA Schematics & Engineering (and other associated) Product Support Incidents to a satisfactory conclusion while assisting AVEVA Local Support in delivering customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for contributing to the creation and maintenance of the AVEVA Schematics & Engineering (and other associated) product training material as well as;
- Involvement in certifying AVEVA regional resource to deliver said training material.o Involvement with knowledge transfer activities to the AVEVA regional resource relating to the use of new products and new product functionality.
- Working with Product Development to continually improve the quality of the AVEVA Schematics & Engineering product and provide high quality AVEVA Schematics & Engineering collateral and knowledge throughout the AVEVA organisation.
• Potential involvement with the delivery of AVEVA Schematics & Engineering (and other associated) product support services (training, implementation, customisation, etc.) when AVEVA Divisional resource is unavailable.
• Provide mentoring and guidance to AVEVA Graduates during rotations within TPS Teams.
Important Working Relationships:
- To work with members of the TPS Management Team in the ongoing development of Quality procedures and initiatives to ensure Schematics & Engineering customer satisfaction.
- To work with AVEVA Commercial/Support Teams regarding Schematics & Engineering customer issues and requirements, setting priorities and delivering solutions/resolutions.
- To work with Schematics & Engineering customers regarding current issues and future requirements in relation to relation to new industry processes and practices.
- To work with Product Development and Product Strategy Teams regarding requirements, priorities, deliverables and content of future AVEVA Schematics & Engineering software.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Electronic or Control and Instrumentation engineering. Postgraduate studies in engineering would be beneficial (but not essential), for example Master of engineering or/and Master of Science in engineering.
- Experience of AVEVA Instrumentation and Electrical (would be beneficial, but not essential) or experience of Intergraph Smart Plant® Instrumentation and / or Smart Plant® Electrical or similar applications.
- Experience of specifying and delivering Electrical and Instrumentation project catalogues and schematics deliverables for engineering projects (for example in oil and gas and for new facilities or the expansion of existing facilities) and including knowledge in related international engineering standards.
- Experience of implementing the AVEVA Instrumentation and Electrical solution or similar applications in EPC companies including knowledge transfer from the EPC company (knowledge related to the company’s procedures and engineering deliverables).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working within oil and gas projects or similar, in particular work related to the design and deliverables of an engineering project.
- An ability to communicate product issues between customers and colleagues.
- Structured and able to create, refine and execute procedures while also having the ability to think quickly and react positively to any quickly evolving or unexpected scenarios.
- An ability to manage and handle multiple commitments simultaneously while working effectively in a dynamic team.
- An ability to document and communicate in English to a very high standard. Comfortable to deliver presentation material to a variety of audiences.
- An ability to take a proactive approach to challenges while meeting a responsibility to deliver.
- Willing to travel.
- Knowledge of programming, exposure to C# and/or Visual Basic would be an advantage.
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.
How to Apply
Full applications including a CV and covering letter, quoting reference number (TBC), should be emailed to [email protected]