Infrastructure Engineer (FTC)
To provide AVEVA Group an efficient, secure and stable infrastructure platform.
To provide timely design, implementation and support services for global infrastructure projects/systems to meet business objectives.
To design, implement, administer and support infrastructure systems across AVEVA’s world-wide offices.
Project Delivery and Operation Excellence
- To ensure projects are completed in accordance with business requirements within the timescales and budgets specified and agreed.
- Basic project management fundamentals as a requirement, being able to undertake projects following the adopted project methodology, including planning, documentation, escalation, issue/risk tracking and change control, logging project time via the adopted project system.
Incident Management and Operational Excellence
- Ensure that all incidents are managed following the Incident Management procedures and incidents are reported and recorded in the appropriate systems (ITIL best practices).
- Being able to provide problem management support as an effective 3rd line engineer from frequently occurring incidents and provide RCA’s for major incidents.
- Provide reactive support to critical global systems outside standard UK business hours in response to major escalations.
- Ensure that all major changes to systems and infrastructure follow the change control procedure including risk management, notification and rollback plans.
- Ensure key metrics for systems are produced, monitored and analysed to build operational intelligence.
Technical Core Competencies
- To help identify, propose, provide design and implement of new technologies and develop existing ones for either:
- Key business benefit
- Risk mitigation
- To work closely with IT Operations Team (including Help Desk), Information Systems and other stakeholders in the implementation of projects as well as we incident resolution.
- To understand the key tenets in knowledge transfer initiatives as well as ensure handover documents are appropriately transferred to identified Process Controllers and Trainers.
- To provide effective communication with all relevant parties and management, internal or external, on relevant IT issues or projects. This will include:
Governance and Controls
Policy & Process
- Follow, review and recommend improvements to global procedures and standards.
- Help develop and document key IT processes to support a consistent operational environment.
Essential Competencies, Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable drive and motivation to make and embrace significant infrastructure/technological changes
- Able to initiate and achieve significant infrastructure changes with engagement and training of end users
- Able to communicate and present at all levels, including senior management
- Able to work with high security privileges and associated responsibilities
- Demonstrable project management experience from specification to implementation
Technical Skills and Knowledge
Server Technologies: Window Server Platforms 2008-2016, Active Directory Infrastructure.
Virtualisation, Storage and Backup: Standard/blade/hyper-converged server hardware, VMware vSphere/Hyper-V, software defined datacentre technologies and fundamentals. (Desirable experience: Nimble, Cisco UCS, Nexus, iSCSI, Veeam, Dell)
Office365: AD Connect, Exchange Online, Skype for Business (Online/On-Premise)/Cloud PBX, Dynamics365.
Cloud based technologies: Azure and/or AWS etc IaaS primarily (Understanding PaaS and other specific offerings would beneficial).
Networking: LAN/WAN/SAN, TCP/IP, Routing and Switching, Enterprise Wireless. (Desirable experience: Cisco, BGP, OSPF, QoS, Cisco Meraki Wireless, WAN Acceleration/SD-WAN)
Security: Firewalls Administration, VPN’s, Endpoint Protection (Antivirus), Mail Filtering, RADIUS, Multi-Factor, ADFS/SSO Authentication, Rights Management, Cloud Security, Security Best Practices: Incident Response, RCA. (Desirable experience: Checkpoint, Cylance, Mimecast, Office 365 Security & Compliance)
Toolsets: PowerShell/Scripting and IT automation.
- Keen to engage and communicate to wider IT Team and end users
- Customer focused
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to use initiative to resolve problem and architect new designs
- Service orientated
Important Working Relationships
- IT Management
- IT Team members including Helpdesk/Security Team
- Procurement Team
- Compliance Team
- AVEVA Colleagues including Project Managers
- Third party suppliers
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.