Senior Application Consultant (Contract)
Team Lead or Technical Manager
Global Services (GS), Technical Consulting & Support (TCS)
The Senior Application Consultant is a key role in contributing to the growth of business within the region, providing the essential post-sales product support, training, consultancy, and implementation for AVEVA applications. The Senior Application Consultant will also be providing outstanding Technical Sales and consultancy support for AVEVA solutions and/or other supported client software.
The job holder is accountable for delivery of professional services to customers, either internally or externally. This position may be required to travel at short notice to an AVEVA office, or customer location, anywhere in the region or around the world. The job holder is likely to be assigned a Subject Matter Expert role in one or more solution domains and is expected to continually learn about our products/solutions and actively seek to coach and mentor more junior staff.
- Provides first line product support as required to customers in the region, under minimal guidance.
- Promptly addresses and resolves customer complaints or technical issues, and escalate if necessary.
- Provides high quality, specialist product training in both AVEVA training centres and at customer locations.
- Delivers excellent, professional and knowledgeable deployment and configuration services to AVEVA’s customers.
- Works with members of the technical team and technical managers to help develop scopes of work and proposals for consulting and customisation services.
- Develops technical skills within their primary domain and into other AVEVA product areas to assist in the growth of the technical team in the region.
- Provides industry specific consultancy, based upon related experiences to aid other members of the team to achieve successful product positioning.
- Coaches & mentor’s junior employees or new recruits
- Communicate the value proposition of our solutions to prospects at presentations, workshops, industry events and seminars
- Contribute to the planning, creation, development and delivery of demonstrations that prove the value of our solutions
- Engage with prospects to understand specific needs/problems and contribute to the development of appropriate technical solutions.
- Take responsibility for the preparation and presentation of technical proposals to solve specific prospect needs/problems.
Important Working Relationships:
- Prospects: Develop good working relationships with clients and always provide the highest level of customer service and professionalism.
- Sales: Work with the sales teams in identifying and qualifying opportunities, providing technical support at all levels of prospect engagement and ensuring throughout that proposed solutions are workable and are in-line with AVEVA’s strategic objectives. Work with the sales team providing technical support at all levels of customer engagement and responding to product support issues.
- Technical: Work within a dynamic team and show flexibility in the use and development of personal and technical skills to maximize the team’s efficiency. In particular, develop a close and effective working relationship with the central support office.
- Customers: Develop good working relationships with clients and always provide the highest level of customer service and professionalism.
- Coaching and mentoring junior employees.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to resolve customer problems with little direction or guidance
- At least 2 years’ experience in delivering customer focused technical training
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Proven 4 years or more experience of AVEVA products or similar technologies
- Proven 7 years or more knowledge of engineering, design, procurement or construction within a relevant industry (e.g. Plant or Marine) from either an owner-operator or an engineering contractor background.
- The ability to manage and handle multiple commitments simultaneously
Significant practical experience of the implementation of solutions with customers.
Knowledge in AutoCAD and database systems.
Knowledge in engineering codes and standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to investigate the needs/problems of prospective and existing customers.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic team.
- Willingness to travel extensively (potentially worldwide) to perform consultancy tasks.
In addition, the following will be beneficial:
- Knowledge in programming. Exposure to PML and/or C# would be an advantage.
How to Apply:
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.