Software Engineer - Hyderabad, India
Applicants for the Software Engineer role must have a minimum of 3 years' experience working in an enterprise software industry.
The role will expose the successful candidate to all elements of the software life cycle, from requirement elaboration, analysis, design and prototyping, through to coding, unit testing, system test support and maintenance. In the agile matrix management environment, the candidate must be an excellent communicator and team player, with exceptional English, both written and verbal. The candidate must be proactive, willing to take responsibility and help drive projects to a successful outcome. Previous experience of working in agile or highly structured development environments would be preferable, as would working in a global multi-site, multi-cultural organization.
The role will be based at our offices in Hyderabad, though occasional oversees travel may be required as the need arises. This may include UK or Norway.
IMPORTANT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Reporting to a Team Lead
- Working with System Testers, User Experience experts and Product Owners as part of a collaborative agile development team
- Working with agile development teams located globally (UK, Norway, etc.)
- Supporting the Programme Management team
- Working with Architects and Solution Architects
- Supporting Solutions Delivery teams and project implementations
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Enterprise application development
- Web development (ASP.NET MVC, HTML5, CSS)
- Object Oriented design and development
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3+ (currently using 3.5SP1 through to 4.5)
- Microsoft C# development
- Web graphics, 2D and 3D
- User Experience design eg. UCD (User Centric Design), wireframes, user testing, graphical design, model driven software behaviour etc.
- Atlassian JIRA, GIT
- Test Driven Development
- Automated testing - both unit and end-to-end testing (MSTest, NUnit, Jasmine)
- Automated build (MSBuild, Atlassian Bamboo, Atlassian JIRA)
- Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle development and administration
- SQL and Stored Procedures
- Microsoft WCF, OData (WCF Data services), Web Services, WebAPI
- Microsoft Entity Framework
- SSRS / SSIS, general ETL, reporting and Business Intelligence
- Must have experience with any of the CAD tool like Autocad, Solid works, Solid Edge, NX, Microstation etc
- XML, XSLT, XSD
- Visual Studio
- Experience of agile, or structured development organisation
- Functional and/or Systems Analysis
- Excellent communication skills (English)
- Quick learner, enthusiastic and result oriented
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail and quality, ability to think strategically and logically
- Experience of working in companies focused on the Engineering market, particularly for the Oil and Gas Operations, would be looked on very favourably
Seniority of the role will depend on experience, as well as proven skill depth and breadth in the aspects detailed above. The candidate need not have experience in all of the skills listed.
HOW TO APPLY
Full applications, including a CV and covering letter quoting reference number V0215, should be emailed to [email protected]
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.