Atal Nagar India
The 100 Smart Cities Mission was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25 June 2016, earmarking ₹98,000 crore (US$14 billion) for the development of 100 smart cities and the rejuvenation of 500 others around India. When Atal Nagar sought to select their primary partners for infrastructure systems and software, they turned to AVEVA and our strategic partner Schneider Electric.
Together we deployed AVEVA’s Unified Operations Center which can monitor and control the operations of the entire city. With the adoption of peripherals like IT and OT technologies, connected devices, edge control software, and apps & analytics, Atal Nagar accomplishes the complete objective of building a Smart City from the ground up by leveraging Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure Solutions and AVEVA’s industrial software solutions tailored for city operations.
The Unified Operations Center software helps the operations teams at the Naya Raipur Development Authority make more informed decisions and respond to crisis situations more rapidly. The command and control center solution is deployed with integration to other smart systems such as the Smart Grid Electrical Systems, Smart Water Systems, Smart Building Systems, LED Street Lights, Bus Rapid Transport System, CCTV Surveillance, E-Governance solutions, Energy Management and the City Help Desk.
Above all, Atal Nagar can boast the first command center in India that uses an IT/OT convergence to allow real-time integration across disparate systems and break down operational silos within the city.
"In creating Smart Cities right from incubation and planning to implementation, we have made several innovations for the physical world to keep pace with the virtual world."
Shri Aman Kumar Singh
Government of Chhattisgarh & Chairman of Atal Nagar Vikas Pradhikaran
- Rapid urbanization creating severe pressure on city resources
- Unequal distribution of city resources causing lack of social inclusio
- Livability challenges for citizens related to environmental sustainability
- Inefficient city operations creates citizen frustration
- Created an integrated command and control center based on AVEVA’s Unified Operations Center
- Integrated grid, water, building, street lighting, rapid transport, CCTV, e-governance, energy management and city help desk applications
- Integrated Smart City Platform developed and deployed integrating over 100,000 I/O points
- Well satisfied customer with a solution of which they feel proud
- Created a Live Reference for other cities pursuing a similar Smart City initiative as part of a government mandate
- Developed technical and domain knowledge
- Ready template for future deployments as the city plans to scale to serve 5.6 million residents by 2031
Together with AVEVA and our strategic partner Schneider Electric, Atal Nagar has successfully deployed India’s first greenfield smart city platform which future-proofs their infrastructure for rapid growth in the coming decade.