To successfully construct offshore wind farms in the notoriously rough North Sea, Schlattner needed to create detailed engineering drawings that accounted for rough winds and waves—and they chose an AVEVA solution to help them do it.
“My favourite tool in the AVEVA solution enables me to move around the inside of the tripod and see everything in 3D. So I can visually check that the lines run clash-free and that the dimensions are correct. This ability for the human eye to double-check the calculation by the software is crucial in my opinion.”
Marit Bachmann, Engineer, Schlattner
- To build an offshore windfarm
- To help further the cause of renewable energy
- Conditions at sea were windy and dangerous
- The foundations of the structures built had to be able to sustain extreme weight
- The complex design process was simplified through automation
- Improved precision removed risk of re-work
- The wind farm was already supplying 200,000 households with electricity after the first phase of construction
- Germany now has a dependable source of wind energy
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.