To convert a 182.5-meter container ship into an auxiliary oil replenishment vessel in just 24 months, Chantier Davie needed a solution that would maximize efficiency across the design, planning, supply chain, and production processes. With AVEVA, the company has increased the speed and accuracy with which it produces designs by enabling cross-location collaboration.
“In AVEVA ERM and AVEVA Marine, we have a dedicated and integrated IT environment. This, combined with the skills of our employees, has helped us to become a modern and competitive shipyard by reducing project cycles and so bringing down our total costs. Also, the excellent collaboration with AVEVA shows us that we are in safe hands, thanks to their expertise and their approach to shipbuilding.”
– Jared Newcombe; CEO, Chantier Davie
- To increase traceability and improve processes.
- To consolidate methods in use.
- To meet design deadlines.
- Information regarding schedule and material status was decentralized and spread across different tools.
- Looking up information was time-consuming and therefore held Davie back from the desired levels of efficiency.
- Better design processes allow people from multiple locations to work on the same model.
- Visibility of material status and progress plans allow Davie to reduce the number of tools used.
- Efficiency is increased.