Idemitsu Kosan Transforms its Refining Operations with AVEVA’s Value Chain Optimization Solution
- Improve decision making process to achieve higher refineries margins, maximize utilization of refineries assets, and minimize crude and transportation costs.
- Standardize its downstream operations and simplify supply chain processes to increase agility and transparency across headquarters and refineries.
- Optimize the enterprise value chain and maximize economic opportunities for its integrated multi-plant business.
- Lack of visibility across the company’s enterprise value chain resulting in disconnected processes and siloed operations.
- Low confidence in refinery plans due to unstable LP planning models and inability to optimize complex, multi-refinery scenarios.
- Legacy planning tool was hard to learn and understand, requiring specialized skill sets, and created a barrier to training new users and sharing models across the enterprise.
- Increased margins 1 to 3 cents per barrel through initial enterprise value chain optimization.
- Unified decision making process across seven refineries by standardizing operations on a single application for trading, crude assay management, planning, scheduling and distribution.
- Developed robust, multi-refinery models to reliably evaluate complex profit scenarios previously impossible to analyze.
- Trained end users in 50% less time; visual user interface simplified understanding of models for non-LP experts for easy updating and sharing of information across operations.
- Simplified business processes with cloud deployment for seamless data integrity and traceability to ensure business continuity.
“AVEVA provides more than just software. Its unique approach enables better business processes through a unified easy-to-use decision making tool that brings better visibility across the overall supply chain, which leads to greater productivity.”
Senior Manager, Simulation Section Supply Planning Department,
Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd.