Oceana is a new, medium-sized shipyard specializing in the production of AHTS, PSV and offshore supply vessels. It employs the latest equipment and production processes in building high-technology vessels for the petroleum and gas sectors. AVEVA is helping Oceana achieve their mission to be recognized as one of the best shipbuilders in the world in the construction of offshore supply vessels, delivering projects on time and on budget.
“We are focused on bringing reliability to the processes to reduce rework, reduce loss of materials and reduce miscommunication between departments. The AVEVA ERM implementation processes were very smooth and well-planned. Within seven weeks we had the go-live and in weeks the complete implementation of the system.”
– Juliano Pamplona;
Head of Planning, Oceana
- To use less material and to waste fewer man hours.
- To release work orders closer to the execution date.
- To use one integrated system for simple access to information.
The following AVEVA solution was implemented:
- Accessing all information needed to streamline the ship production process was difficult.
- Planning across all disciplines was unreliable.
- Implementing efficient production was difficult because people and systems worked separately, not together.
- Production costs and assembly times needed reduction.
- Incorrect materials were being delivered, and deliveries were going to the wrong places and at the wrong times.
- Man-hours are now monitored, resulting in less waste in both hours and materials.
- Work orders are now released closer to the execution date.
- One integrated system simplifies access to information.
- Deliveries became more accurate.
- Project status reports came in on time for updating plans.