MMG Limited implemented AVEVA MES solution to standardise asset utilisation across five mines globally and take the old OEE lag indicator into a real-time lead indicator.
- Implementation of a standardised asset utilization solution across all operational sites globally
- Achieve ongoing measurement, analysis, and reporting of production losses due to equipment utilisation
- Ability to perform root-cause analysis of “less than perfect” utilization of equipment assets
- Complete integration with other systems to enable “single sign on”
- Defining the maximum sustainable rate for processes, which may differ between sites
- Achieving the appropriate level of automated data capture at the instrumentation and data collection layers
- Standardising time usage model (TUM), cause codes and classification matrix across all five current operating sites globally
- Adoption of the new work practices given the extensive work experience of people within each operation
- Significant improvements to productivity
- Exposes the process constraints, or bottlenecks, and also efficiency gains
- Provides clear root cause analysis (native drill down capability)
- Provides clarity on how to achieve optimum productivity
- Drives improvement to assets, resources, and processes
- Increased asset utilisation by at least 10% across the sites
"MMG is committed to improving the productivity of our operations, illustrated by these record movements in ore mined and continuing improvements in Asset Utilisation."
– Andrew Michelmore, Chief Executive Officer, MMG Limited
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.