With more than 30 million tons of cargo traveling through the port each year, Port of Portland chose AVEVA to coordinate operations and equipment maintenance—all while reducing inventory in both the electric shop and the equipment shop by at least 65%.
- Move cargo expeditiously to provide cargohandling services that enhance customers productivity in distributing goods
- Provide high-quality service with great cost efficiency in order to maximize the business benefit to the Port of Portland
- Locate a single system that can handle the immediate needs of the marine facility and equipment maintenance department, as well as add dredging operations management and aviation facilities maintenance at Portland International Airport (PDX) in the future.
- Streamlined operations to continue to move more than 30 million tons of cargo through port facilities every year
- Reducing inventory in both the electric shop and the equipment shop by at least 65%
- Improved tracking enables port departments to now monitor the time it takes for someone to go out and do a maintenance or repair job
- PM changes have saved a quarter of a million dollars in the first year
"Using a powerful toolset like the AVEVA solution, we now have the ability to manage infrastructure maintenance in such a way that we’re making the best use of our physical assets."
– Robert Maracle,
General Superintendent of Marine Equipment Maintenance