Bermuda Electric Light Company Limited (BELCO)
Bermuda Electric Light Company Limited (BELCO), Bermuda's sole supplier of electricity, relies on AVEVA software to provide secure, consistent and sustainable power throughout the 181-island chain.
- Provide reliable electric power to the entire island chain
- Deploy new capabilities and integrate new equipment self-sufficiently
- Attain ISO 14001-2004 certification
- Bermuda’s remote location in the Atlantic Ocean means that in-person support is not quick to arrive and sometimes not possible
- Island development will require increased power generation in the future
- BELCO was attempting to be the first organization in the territory to achieve ISO 14001:2004 certification
- With the help of the AVEVA software, BELCO’s generating plant and transmissions and distribution system provide consistent electricity to the 65,500 residents and 465,000 tourists who visit Bermuda each year
- BELCO achieved the prestigious ISO 14001:2004 certification for environmental management, in part because of the data collection and reporting capabilities of the Historian and Mobile Operator Rounds
- The utility is expanding its integrated resources plan for the future based on the foundation of AVEVA products
"The major advantage we’ve experienced is that it’s very easy to develop and integrate the AVEVA software with the wide variety of equipment we have here. In addition, their support is global and very timely."
– John Blizman, Vice President