AVEVA’s Cloud and Discrete Lean Management software helps Schneider Electric harness innovation in manufacturing transformation
Schneider Electric’s 62-year old factory in Lexington, Kentucky, has been recognized by the World Economic Forum as an Advanced Global Lighthouse for sustainable digital manufacturing. The brownfield site is now one of the group’s leading Smart Factory showcases, with plans already underway to replicate the model at multiple sites around the world. Using Schneider Electric and AVEVA’s integrated solutions, the plant’s digital innovation strategy leverages IIoT connectivity and both edge and predictive analytics to drive new levels of process efficiency while helping to advance sustainability ambitions.
- Boost plant efficiency by introducing IIoT technologies that reduce downtime, while modernizing the control, monitoring, and management processes of the plant.
- Unlock data silos and better mobilize staff with increased plant-wide visualization, via real-time process data that is easily accessible and sharable.
- Lack of data visualization, accurate information and detailed analytics, hindering the teams’ ability to make timely decisions to optimize process efficiencies.
- Paper-based work order management and processes impacting decision making, response time and contributing to costly system downtime.
- Enhanced digitization and site-wide monitoring with AVEVA™ Edge has helped Lexington reduce manual paperwork by 90%.
- Leveraging AVEVA’s Discrete Lean Management software the site has driven improvements in labor productivity, with AVEVA™ Insight’s cloud-based insights helping further reduce unplanned downtime by nearly 6%.
“We feel like we are only scratching the surface on the benefits that can accrue as a result of these new digitization tools. We are exploring areas that we’ve never had the opportunity to look at before. This opens the door to new ways of thinking about our facility and will reveal new ways to improve productivity and efficiency, not just in Lexington but in other plants around the world.”
- Mike Labhart Senior Manager,
GSC North America Smart Factory Innovation Schneider Electric