Original equipment manufacturer (OEM), Sentry Equipment, swiftly evolved its SentryGuard sampling machine to provide guidance to operators with AVEVA’s off-the-shelf solution, slashing development time.
“Data collection was not as easy as we thought. AVEVA™ System Platform simplified that complexity, allowing us to focus on the value-add of our SmartAlarm application rather than figuring out how to collect data and present it. Using AVEVA™ System Platform saved us as much as 80% in engineering time.”
Development Engineer, Sentry Equipment
- Extend the capabilities of its flagship sampling system into an information appliance, in line with Industry 4.0 environments
- Incorporate a new application into its SentryGuard machine to provide machine-supported guidance to operators
- Provide the ability to analyse sample data, provide alerts and guide operators to resolution
- As process manufacturers increasingly harness data and digital processes, OEMs need to continually innovate to build smarter products with similar digital capabilities for customers
- These devices must offer the flexibility to operate as a stand-alone information appliance at the edge or as an integrated part of the plant floor’s digital ecosystem
- The time to develop a suitable device in-house significantly impacted engineers‘ time
- Saved up to 80% in engineering time by adopting an off-the-shelf solution
- The team was able to start application development within two weeks since learning how to use AVEVA™ System Platform was faster than expected
- Developed new solution in half the time with twice the functionality
- The new SmartAlarm product was on the market within one year
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.