Intermountain Power Service Corporation
AVEVA™ Dynamic Simulation Power Validates Controls and Trains Operators on new DCS for Intermountain Power Service Corporation.
- Replace the existing simulator as part of a DCS upgrade project to help prepare operations for the new user interface and control logic changes
- New simulator to replicate the actual dynamic response of the operations and without any significant loss of megawatt production
- Validate the control logic against actual operations
- Build operator knowledge and confidence in the new DCS prior to going online
- Eliminate unplanned downtime or emergency shutdowns
- Validated control logic and identified and fixed critical errors prior to going online
- Controls automatic within 24 hours of start-up after DCS Upgrade
- Avoided potential losses to plant due to shutdowns estimated at $1 million a day
- Assists in maintaining a constant plant output of 13 million megawatt (MW) hours a year
"The simulator paid for itself as a result of the DCS-Checkout alone."
- Bill Morgan,
Project Manager on DCS Project