Thanks to AVEVA automation software, the FGC railway system deployed a new supervisory system without interrupting existing train and rail station services. This system enabled remote management of all rail processes, centralizing operations monitoring and streamlining service and emergency management.
- To manage the FGC railway system via remote control of rail station operations including ticket sales, opening and closing of doors, lighting, etc
- Continue to achieve high standards of excellence and reliability required by the company
- To maintain a high level of customer support by improving service despite increasing the number of automated processes being controlled via the network
- Complete deployment of the new supervisory system without interrupting existing train and rail stations services such as ticket vending machines, escalators, access control, etc.
- The team effectively installed AVEVA automation software solutions without disrupting customer travel via the rail system
- Remote management of all rail processes was achieved, as well as centralizing monitoring of operations in one control center
- Automation software simplified the supervision of the rail service operations, and streamlined the management team’s ability to direct all processes
"The challenge we have set for ourselves as a company is one of excellence in customer service. Each year, we seek to achieve higher satisfaction levels from our users and AVEVA technology is an essential tool in achieving this."
– Alicia Coca,
Head of the Systems Development Department, Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya