Norfolk Southern Railway cut HMI development time by up as much as 50% using an AVEVA software solution that increased efficiency and decreased labor costs.
- Operate more than 21,500 route miles in 22 U.S. states and Ontario, Canada
- Completely automate the operation of the trainyard
- Decrease labor cost and replaces old and antiquated equipment
- Receive up to 2,000 train cars in any given day while assuring efficiency and safety
- Provide critical information using devices that are easily accessible by trainyard personnel
- Using InTouch, the development time for the HMI was reduced to 40 to 50 percent
- The new software has increased the work efficiency of both the yardmasters and the trainmasters at Buckeye trainyard
"The AVEVA system has definitely decreased the labor costs involved with the repair and upkeep of the system on a day-today basis. We’ve been able to remove a lot of old and antiquated equipment we no longer need due to the upgrades in the current software."
– Tim Forman,
Trainmaster Norfolk, Southern Railway
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.