How Veolia Water Technologies is driving innovation and sustainable operational improvements in the Cloud
Veolia group is the global leader in optimized resource management and aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 179,000 employees worldwide, the group provides water, waste and energy management solutions and is focused on the sustainable development of communities and industries around the world. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and to replenish them.
Veolia Water Technologies is a Veolia subsidiary which provides the complete range of services required to design, deliver, maintain, and upgrade water and wastewater treatment facilities and systems for industrial clients and public authorities. The company’s extensive portfolio of technologies features solutions such as online diagnostics, evaporation and crystallization solutions, energy-producing sludge treatment, state-of-the-art desalination, laboratory-grade water and mobile water services. By optimizing both processes and monitoring, Veolia Water Technologies helps clients reduce their water footprint while generating considerable savings in energy and chemical consumption.
“AVEVA’s cloud-based and data-centric engineering enables our teams all around the world to work remotely, yet together, on one platform that spans all of our engineering data. It is fundamental for our staff to work in a collaborative way, in real-time, all along the design and build phases. Efficient access to data is key to boost operational performance and achieve our strategic objectives.”
Thomas Cheylan, Projects Performance Director,
Veolia Water Technologies
- Connect engineering teams spread across 5 continents
- Enhance operational insight and efficiency.
- Contribute to Veolia’s strategic goals of sustainable next-gen water operations and being the benchmark in ecological transformation
- Unify the company’s engineering data on one shared platform
- Reduce IT involvement and day-to-day provisioning and deployment of software to support various business units
- Standardize over 260 global engineering accounts on the same environment
- Unify disparate data, with all engineering tools on a shared platform and common database with 24hour access around the globe
- Connect engineering teams and best practices
- 20% improvement in IT agility and freeing up of resources
- Increased efficiency and collaboration unifying multi-discipline engineers on a single, cloud based data-centric platform
- Improved visibility and maintenance of engineering data across the asset lifecycle
- Enhanced project transparency and status tracking, driving improvements in business agility and efficiency
- Blueprint for operational excellence and standardization being rolled out across the globe