- Four out of 15 ESG targets for 2025 achieved including 93% reduction in scope 1 and 2 emissions
- Impact study confirms contribution of industrial software to driving Net Zero
- Gender equality gains show women now comprise over 37% of new hires
London, United Kingdom, September 05, 2023 – AVEVA, a global leader in industrial software, has met its Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions targets for 2025 early and accelerated investment in software solutions that help customers in the UK and beyond to decarbonize.
The results, communicated in the new AVEVA 2023 Sustainability Progress Report, reveal significant progress across all three pillars of the company’s sustainability framework, encompassing product strategy, operations and culture.
AVEVA has achieved four out of 15 ESG goals for 2025:
- Reduce GHG emissions across operations (Scopes 1 & 2) by 90% (actual 93%) from FY20 baseline.
- Cut GHG emissions associated with business travel (Scope 3) by 20% (actual 43%) from FY20 baseline.
- Remain in the top 25% of security benchmarks (BitSight)
- Increase employee confidence in reporting unethical behavior to top 25% for industry
Looking to next year, we will continue our work to maintain these results and will focus on achieving our other 2025 ESG targets.
Caspar Herzberg, CEO of AVEVA, said: “Our third sustainability report reflects the tremendous progress we have made over the past year to reduce our own environmental footprint, enhance our sustainability handprint with our customers, and strengthen our culture at AVEVA. I'm proud of our whole team for the focus and commitment to drive meaningful change. These gains will inspire us as we continue to pioneer software that enables industry to be at the center of delivering a more socially just, low-carbon future.”
The report marks AVEVA’s third year of reporting on the progress and learnings it has made against its strategic environmental, social and governance (ESG) framework and pledges. The first report established guiding commitments to environment and gender for 2030, while the second launched 15 ESG targets for 2025.
Sustainability gains across product, operations and culture
As part of delivering across its holistic ESG strategy, AVEVA has embedded sustainability more deeply into the company’s core product strategy under its “technology handprint” pillar. Beyond building in new sustainability-specific capabilities into its software portfolio, the company is investing in global sales enablement aligned to growing the green economy.
Additional product-related sustainability highlights include:
- 115+ innovative sustainability concepts delivered during hackathons
- 750+ universities worldwide incorporate AVEVA software into curricula and research
- Pilot impact study on contribution of industrial software to advancing net-zero goals
AVEVA’s “operational footprint” pillar focuses on advancing ethical best practices and environmental stewardship across AVEVA’s own operations and value chain.
Results delivered in FY23 include:
- AVEVA’s net-zero commitments validated by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi)
- AVEVA was recognized by the Financial Times as a Europe Climate Leader
- AVEVA launched its Supplier Code of Conduct and responsible sourcing program
AVEVA depends on its employees to promote sustainable change internally and for local communities. As part of its inclusive culture pillar, AVEVA is infusing diversity, equity, inclusion and wellbeing (DEIW) considerations into every stage of employees’ careers.
This year, AVEVA ensured:
- 37.2% of new hires in FY23 were women
- 200+ employees were given leadership training
- 36% of employees participated in an Action for Good event
AVEVA’s Global Head of Sustainability Lisa Wee underscored the benefit of a clearly defined sustainability strategy for businesses. She said: “By establishing a clear, strategic and ambitious sustainability framework and program at AVEVA, we have been able to set direction for our organization, drive alignment and measure impact. Customers and partners are also looking for opportunities to collaborate with those that share their values, understand their challenges and boast a robust sustainability track record of their own.”
More information on AVEVA’s sustainability targets and accomplishments can be found in the full report, including a mapping of our sustainability solutions, a deep dive into gender representation and pay parity within the company, and a look at alignment with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
How AVEVA software facilitates industrial sustainability
AVEVA has been supporting several customers in unlocking sustainability gains. These include:
- Kellogg’s - $3.3M per year in energy and water cost savings at Battle Creek plant, plus $1.8M in rebates.
- Schneider Electric - 26% drop in energy consumption and a 20% water use reduction at Lexington Smart Factory.
- Henkel - 16% cut in YoY energy consumption, with +€37M in energy costs savings across laundry and home care unit.
- Heineken - 40% emissions and 25% water use reduction achieved at Seville brewery.
- Toyota - 35% cut in energy consumption and 28% drop in CO2 emissions across 8 plants in the EU.
- Oyak - 30% fossil fuels replaced with renewables, saving €5-7M with every 1% decrease in energy use.
- Nestlé - 3% energy use reduction or 10% cost savings at 4 sites in Thailand
AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software, sparking ingenuity to drive responsible use of the world’s resources. The company’s secure industrial cloud platform and applications enable businesses to harness the power of their information and improve collaboration with customers, suppliers and partners.
Over 20,000 enterprises in over 100 countries rely on AVEVA to help them deliver life’s essentials: safe and reliable energy, food, medicines, infrastructure and more. By connecting people with trusted information and AI-enriched insights, AVEVA enables teams to engineer efficiently and optimize operations, driving growth and sustainability.
Named as one of the world’s most innovative companies, AVEVA supports customers with open solutions and the expertise of more than 6,400 employees, 5,000 partners and 5,700 certified developers. With operations around the globe, AVEVA is headquartered in Cambridge, UK.
Copyright © 2023 AVEVA Solutions Limited. All rights reserved. AVEVA Solutions Limited is owned by AVEVA Group. AVEVA, the AVEVA logos and AVEVA product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of AVEVA Group or its subsidiaries in the United Kingdom and other countries.