Join the connected industrial economy
The metals industry is rapidly adopting digital technologies to solve project and operational challenges and operate more sustainably.
These digital technologies scale to include your entire value chain, increasing visibility and providing insights to improve productivity across the enterprise. Digitally capture existing asset data, and use AI analytics in the cloud to improve asset performance and reduce the environmental impact of your operations.
“We believe that predictive maintenance is a key part of our strategy to evolve and become a more stable, more profitable organization.”
Árni Páll Einarsson, Reliability Implementation Manager, Alcoa
Build a digital twin strategy that adds real value across an asset’s lifecycle
- Apply “right-to-left thinking” to determine the strategic capital investments required to transform both project and operating performance using a digital twin.
- Bridge the gap between project and operating teams to ensure shared ownership.
- Invest in the creation of a digital twin from the very beginning of the project phase for more profitable returns throughout the asset lifecycle.
See how Wood’s digital twin strategy optimizes facility operations, increases safety and environmental performance of assets, and maximizes profitability.
Increase resiliency, reliability & sustainability across the metals value chain.
- Collect more sensor data to feed thermal models for better furnace control
- Enable faster response times by providing deeper insight & data sharing across departments
- Reduce waste and product rejection claims resulting in annual cost savings of US$250k.
See how Algoma Steel Mill have reduce their carbon footprint by 70% for savings of $700M.
Equip your workforce with the solutions it needs to collaborate and make informed decisions
- Attract and retain workers by offering them familiar digital work experiences.
- Improve your team’s situational awareness and institutional knowledge with experiential learning.
- Make it easier to collaborate with remote operations and a shared cloud experience.
See how Italpresse Gauss improved situational awareness and cross-device communications.
Improve asset reliability, efficiency, and safety with digital asset management solutions for the metals industry
- Learn from your data to increase uptime and boost operational efficiency and safety.
- Implement predictive maintenance strategies to extend the lifecycle of your assets.
- Improve situational awareness to make your operations safer.
See how Alcoa decreased unplanned downtime by 20% and maintenance hours by 10% in its aluminum smelter machines.
AVEVA products for the metals industry
AVEVA™ PI System™
Collect, aggregate, and enrich real-time operations data for immediate problem-solving and easily deliver formatted data to enterprise applications and advanced analytics.
AVEVA™ Unified Engineering
Engineer and collaborate across all project phases and multi-discipline teams in a single data-centric platform.
AVEVA™ E3D Design
Formerly Known As AVEVA Everything 3D
Access the world's most technologically advanced 3D design solution for the process plant, marine, and power industries.
AVEVA Predictive Analytics
Formerly Known As PRiSM Predictive Asset Analytics
Monitor asset health and maximize reliability with purpose-built AI and self-service analytics. Forecast remaining asset life, reduce unplanned downtime, and lower maintenance costs.
AVEVA Unified Operations Center
Capitalize on digital technologies and transform your business by integrating and visualizing all available data.
AVEVA™ Asset Information Management
Accelerate information discovery and break down silos for fast, intuitive, in-context access to relevant data.
Produce minerals more sustainably to aid global decarbonization efforts
Learn how platforms with advanced analytics improve your operational efficiency and give you greater visibility into your environmental impact.