Before Kellogg’s embraced digital transformation, the multinational food manufacturer collected data from its weight-control system manually, which often led to issues with compliance and product non-conformity. To navigate the rising pressures of increasingly stringent regulations and growing public scrutiny, Kellogg’s turned to AVEVA PI System to reduce product variability, optimize equipment reliability, and transform its food-production lines.
“Now we spend less time looking for data and more time analyzing it.”
Emilio Angles, Power Controls and Information Systems Manager, Kellogg’s plant in Valls, Spain
- Reduce product variability
- Bring overall equipment effectiveness in line with the CPG best-in-class rating
- Increasingly stringent regulations and safety standards
- Manual data collection led to compliance and non-conformity issues
- Reduced CCP by 64%, product failures by 73%, and minor line stops by 67%
- Achieved CPG best-in-class rating for OEE of 80%
- Increased mean time between failures rate by 180%
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.