Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) is working to commercialize fusion energy to deliver clean, limitless power to the world. CFS uses AVEVA Unified Engineering in the cloud to enhance the efficiency and collaboration of its remote-working engineering and design teams. Using SaaS-based AVEVA Unified Engineering allows CFS to share vital 1D, 2D, and 3D engineering data and allows teams to design and build simultaneously. The solution allows them to add engineering details to the designs as they develop data models, and they can also specify how each component relates to the next.
“We are a virtual team—all working remotely—and we benefit from a reduced need for IT infrastructure and hardware. It was essential to CFS that we adopt a cloud-based engineering and design solution that capitalized on our existing freedom of minimal IT maintenance and software-upgrade overheads. A solution that would extend from the engineering phase to the project execution phase and help us with asset operations as we move beyond the pilot, was also high on our wish list.”
Head of Instrumentation and Control, CFS
- Improve design and engineering efficiencies
- Achieve collaboration across the virtual teams through shared data models
- Ensure high levels of design and engineering accuracy with limited re-work
- Improved accuracy, eliminated the need for re-work, and reduced project time schedules
- Eliminated IT overhead by running the solution in the cloud
- SaaS model delivered commercial advantages for fluctuating usage
Related Success Stories
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.