Vista Projects was commissioned by a major Canadian Oil & Gas producer to deliver the FEED for a large-scale, greenfield, steam-assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) facility. To meet client expectation of close collaboration and a compressed engineering schedule, Vista Projects looked to AVEVA Unified Engineering for a solution.
“The benefits of using an integrated software suite are that it really breaks down the silos of the individual engineering disciplines, and gives everybody access to everybody else’s information as they need it. We’ve shown this is a pretty big improvement over the conventional engineering approach.”
– Patrick Reilly; Managing Partner, Vista Projects
- To do away with error-prone manual data input.
- To put an end to budget and schedule overruns.
- The old conventional spreadsheet approach was unreliable.
- Silos of activity and functions made it difficult to expedite projects.
- The compressed engineering schedule saves hundreds of man-hours per project, and reduces handover costs.
- Collaboration between internal teams, clients, and third parties has been enhanced.
- Data accuracy, transparency, accessibility, and security have been improved.
- There has been a 10-15% reduction in engineering man-hours during the FEED stage.
- Projects have been completed at 16% under budget.